Virtual Sheet Music Forums

Virtual Sheet Music Forums (http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Features Requests (http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Finale/Sibelius Format Scores (http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199)

deganii 09-15-2005 07:57 PM

Finale/Sibelius Format Scores

Hi,

First, I'd just like to say how happy I am that this site exists, it's exactly what I was looking for!

I was wondering if it would be possible to offer the sheet music files in their original format (i.e. Finale or Sibelius, etc) so that users with those programs can do things like mute the solo part and play along with the accompaniment, or add in a metronome to keep tempo. It would also be useful if one wanted to transpose parts to accommodate other instruments (i.e. violin to viola, etc).

Thanks,
Ismail Degani

Fabrizio - VSM 09-16-2005 06:38 PM

Dear Ismail Degani, thank you for your post and welcome on the forums. I am very glad to know you are enjoying Virtual Sheet Music.

Well, we cannot publish our sheet music in Finale or Sibelius file format due to copyright issues. By publishing them in those formats we would allow anybody to modify them and, possibly, republishing them easily by infringing our own copyrights. I hope you understand that.

Instead, to play along the music and mute single tracks, you can always download the MIDI files freely included with any piece.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding on this important matter.

Sincerely,

Queen 500 10-02-2005 05:09 PM

Welcome to the Forums, Ismail Degani!!! You will really enjoy it here!!!!

:) :) :)

TVL

mahmood_195 01-21-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Dear Ismail Degani, thank you for your post and welcome on the forums. I am very glad to know you are enjoying Virtual Sheet Music.

Well, we cannot publish our sheet music in Finale or Sibelius file format due to copyright issues. By publishing them in those formats we would allow anybody to modify them and, possibly, republishing them easily by infringing our own copyrights. I hope you understand that.

Instead, to play along the music and mute single tracks, you can always download the MIDI files freely included with any piece.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding on this important matter.

Sincerely,

Thats what I do, hey Fabrizio, how much does the site cost? what host are you using, I m asking because I want to start a web business for arranging music, If you dont want to answer, thats fine

P.S. Thanks for your time

Queen 500 01-21-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmood_195
Thats what I do, hey Fabrizio, how much does the site cost? what host are you using, I m asking because I want to start a web business for arranging music, If you dont want to answer, thats fine

Those are very good "?" I would of asked already but I just dont like asking people how the manage their money etc. :)

Fabrizio - VSM 01-22-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmood_195

Hi mahmood and thank you for your message. Unfortunately I can't publish here that information, but I can assure you that when we started we didn't spend any money... or almost. You can start a site by paying a good webhosting company for only $5 a month and you can rise that money by publishing Google Ads or other ads on your website (just to start)... but this is without the purpose of this forum. You can always contact me by private messaging or e-mail.

Sincerely,

Queen 500 01-22-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Hi mahmood and thank you for your message. Unfortunately I can't publish here that information, but I can assure you that when we started we didn't spend any money... or almost. You can start a site by paying a good webhosting company for only $5 a month and you can rise that money by publishing Google Ads or other ads on your website (just to start)... but this is without the purpose of this forum. You can always contact me by private messaging or e-mail.

Sincerely,

Oh..Okay.. Mahmood if you find out can you please PM me? Thanks! :D

Pipari 02-05-2006 12:16 PM

Welcome VSM forums Deganii :D

Pihvi 02-07-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipari
Welcome VSM forums Deganii :D

Did you mean "Welcome TO VSM forums Deganii"?

Pipari 02-07-2006 02:56 PM

yes.!!!! :D