View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Double Bass quartet version of Air for the G string

Fabrizio asked:

Are you asking a transcription of it for four double-basses? Please, let me know... it would be pretty unique!

Hi Fabrizio

Yes, a transcription for four double basses is what I want. I could use your violin /piano part (it is really nice) but I want to have my four basses in the section play this by themselves.

To respond to someone who suggested that it would be low, remember the double bass can play, depending on the specific bass, about 2 octaves above middle C (sounds one octave below noteated pitch) One of my basses has a long fingerboard, it will play that C, the other, only a B. It doesn't have to be low, but the tessatura can't be too high, it gets /hard/.

To the third inquirer about whether I live in Korea: No, I live in the USA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina.

Seasons Greeting to Fabrizio, Virtual Sheet Music staff and all the posters

David Teague
"DavidBassPlayer"
-- David Teague, cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
-- Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths -- Classical Bass www.dennismasuzzo.com; www.silviodallatorre.com; www.joelquarrington.com -- Jazz Upright Bass Red Mitchell, home.teleport.com/~mimuma/; and www.larryholloway.com/;