Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Full Orchestral Scores / Film Scores

More full orchestral scores in general would be very nice to have.
Debussy, Ravel, Tschaikovsky, Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Mozart.

Also, any chance of getting some modern film scores? Like the John Williams collection, for example.

If anybody can't tell, I'm a film composer...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
CEO

Hello sah5 and thank you for your post.

It's very nice to have a film music composer here... welcome!

Well, about full scores for big orchestra, we'll surely add more of them in the future since, at the moment, the most part of our users are asking chamber music or music for solo instrument with piano accompaniment. Once we have completed the most part of that repertoire, we'll be free to extend to the vast orchestral repertoire.

About John Williams and other contemporary composers, unfortunately we have copyright restrictions at the moment are unable to ignore. We are looking a solution to this BIG problem and we hope to solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you again!

Sincerely,
Old 07-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah5
Also, any chance of getting some modern film scores? Like the John Williams collection, for example.

Oh man, I LOVE John Williams!!! He's an awesome composer!! Sadly, all I've been able to get my hands on is the Boston Pops Encore CD and what little bit of sheet music we've played from him at school. (Which is a really crappy watered down version we threw together in a week for the graduation ceremony).

How long have you been writing for? By any chance, are you a Broadway fan?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Zealot Registered User

Wow...John Williams music arranged for band, that brings back memories....about 20 years ago we played E.T. in marching band! Man, I feel old now....
Old 07-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Wow...20 years ago? If you don't mind me asking...how old are you? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to...just curious)
Old 07-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Zealot Registered User

Haha... I don't mind...my birthday is in my profile! I'm 36 years old now. I was 15-16 back when we played E.T. in high school in 1985 or so.

I quit band after my sophomore year because it got to be too much. I was playing clarinet, bass clarinet, and contrabass clarinet...it was crazy. I almost picked up the clarinet again to play in the Marching Owl Band in college, but never got round to it. I basically never touched the clarinet again. (My older brother has it now, so it least it still gets use). I played bagpipes for a while, but it just isn't that great of an instrument to play much on (limited range, really really really loud). My wife plays lever harp, so I decided to start to learn violin this year. I play some piano, too.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Mentor Registered User

wow. You've had a lot of experiences with instruments. Bagpipes aren't fun? How sad...I wanted to learn them!! Harp is such a pretty instrument.

Heh, I like the clarinet...I've never actually learned how to play fluently, but I can play a couple pepband tunes, part of my marching show from last year, and the chromatic scale on it. Aww...it's too bad you quit. Woodwinds rock!!
Old 07-20-2005, 03:55 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

We were going to play the Jurassic Park theme this year, (in a concert band, thats kida wierd) but none of us could read the music it was that small. We even did a move music concert night, in April which was kinda wierd, we had to do the music from The Little Mermaid.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Junior Registered User

Thumbs up Yes, more full orchestral scores would be fantastic

I'd love some by Saint Saens, Rachmaninov, Ravel, Debussy, Vivaldi, Rimsky-Korsakov, Prokofiev, Chopin, Wagner, all the great Romantic composers, in original arrangements (makes a great way to study the music, and I have a great time working with the pieces in Logic on my computer and using the Vienna Instruments for instrumentation).

--Ron Robertson
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 AM
CEO

Of course Ron, we will work on that in the future despite at the moment most people is asking for chamber works.

Thank you again.

Best,