Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Very touching the poem by Langston Hughes and I like your melody! I was wondering why not add an accompaniment part... any idea?

Thank you.

That is the eventual plan... I just haven't had enough time to write any other parts for it. The real solo piece is Two full pages on 20 stave paper... so it is a lot longer than the piece that everyone has gotten to hear... Yeah that was just a poem that really spoke to me, so when I saw "Write music to a poem" on the assignment sheet (which was probably added just for me, I have written about 10 pieces in 2 years just for that class, as far as I know no one else has written any). I wrote the solo part in about a week so I was pretty happy (who said no one got anything done during the Standardized Tests).