Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Bach, J.S.
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADG + cetera
Hey Sylvia, well done, I was wondering where you'd got all that English from. Actually I cheated, my mother's English.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Registered User

Quote:
Hey Sylvia, well done, I was wondering where you'd got all that English from. Actually I cheated, my mother's English.

Oh, your mom is english and your father is spanish? Entonces, cuantos idiomas hablas?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Senior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to EADG + cetera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
Oh, your mom is english and your father is spanish? Entonces, cuántos idiomas hablas?

Unos cuantos... My dad is Catalan, by the way, but he's got more Spanish blood in him than anything else really... I speak Catalan, English, Spanish and French very fluently, then I'm studying German, Greek, Italian and Occitan too. And I want to begin Latin and Chinese. Stop laughing.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Unos cuantos... My dad is Catalan, by the way, but he's got more Spanish blood in him than anything else really... I speak Catalan, English, Spanish and French very fluently, then I'm studying German, Greek, Italian and Occitan too. And I want to begin Latin and Chinese. Stop laughing.

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know enough languages yet?!?! I know English, a tad bit of Korean, and some Spanish. i think I'll stop learning there. Lol.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know enough languages yet?!?! I know English, a tad bit of Korean, and some Spanish. i think I'll stop learning there. Lol.

Holy Cow is right!!! I wish I another language thatn english!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Expert Registered User

I did my first degree in languages, so have a few under my belt; but I decided to do Japanese this year. Mostly working on the spoken language so far, but occasionally having a go at the written language; mostly during long rehearsals!

I can highly recommend one series of language CDs if you want to learn another language without too much stress: it's called Learn in Your Car, and comes in several languages. A friend of mine is learning German with it, and another is working on Spanish; I use the Japanese one. It's purely aural, no written work, but as both a linguist and a beginner in Japanese I find it very clear. You don't need a car of course, just a cd player. Give it a go in the language of your choice!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetuba
I did my first degree in languages, so have a few under my belt; but I decided to do Japanese this year. Mostly working on the spoken language so far, but occasionally having a go at the written language; mostly during long rehearsals!

I can highly recommend one series of language CDs if you want to learn another language without too much stress: it's called Learn in Your Car, and comes in several languages. A friend of mine is learning German with it, and another is working on Spanish; I use the Japanese one. It's purely aural, no written work, but as both a linguist and a beginner in Japanese I find it very clear. You don't need a car of course, just a cd player. Give it a go in the language of your choice!

Wow! Were do you buy them? You got me hooked!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Junior Registered User

Have any of you played simple system flutes like those typical for Celtic music? Just curious how hard it is to move between the different types. I listen to a lot of traditional Celtic music so I hear the 'Irish' flute a lot.