Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Support and Feedback > Feedback and Comments
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Suggestion about music spacing and paging

Hi,

I think I have suggested about this before. I strongly suggest you compressing music spacing in terms of line spacing, so that music of 3 pages can be compressed to 2 pages. Example is the Mozart Divertimento No 1 for strings, whose first movement is now in 3 pages. Conventionally, for other publishers, the first movement for any parts lasts for 2 pages. The facilitation of 2 pages of course saves one page turn, saving it only to the change of movement, and the whole ensmble seems more professional by turning less pages.

I am talking about reducing line spacing, not spacing among notes. So your consideration for readers of poorer eyesights still holds. And for players who play your music on their monitors, they save one PgUp during repeat.

I hope other members who have the same views as me would voice your opinions.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
CEO

Hello and thank you for posting about this issue.

Well, this is a very delicate matter. We always struggle to give the best pagination for both readability and ease of playing. Also, readability depends by the output format you use. If you print in A4 format your output will be a little bit larger, if you print on US letter it will be smaller. If we reduce line spacing, in the case of the Divertimento, we could be able to compress the 2nd and 3rd page in a single page, but the readability in US letter format will be really compromised. Traditional sheet music editions print on custom page formats, most of them larger than A4. That allows them to print more staves with the same spacing and staff size.

I can assure we pay maximum attention to this concerning when we edit our music and we will keep doing that way as better as we can.

Thank you again for your kindness and, please, keep posting your suggestions and feedback, your thoughts are always very welcome.

All the best,
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Expert Registered User

Wow, you just echoed what was exactly on my mind. Although some people neglect these simple details, it is a good thing there are still people who takes the time to remind all of us what should be.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Junior Registered User

I am agree with what Lee said. We should take measure for this. It will help us and some will be benefited.

Corporate Catering London

Last edited by taimi011 : 12-20-2012 at 09:19 PM.