Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Support and Feedback > Support and Assistance
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Searching for replacements of several rare books

Replacements of several rare books

I am searching for replacements and/or copies of several out of print books I lost in Hurricane Katrina, as follows:

1. Kern's "Organ Gems" (an early 20th century collection of preludes and postludes in every key)

2. "Pray Together" (the Roman Catholic hymnal used during the 1970s and 1980s; the copy I had was an accompanists edition, brown cover, spiral bound)

3. Gregorian Hymnal (the Roman Catholic hymnal with a copyright date from the 1920s)

4. "Music for the Christian Wedding" (This might have been a Lorenz publication with a copyright from the 1970s)

5. "The Lutheran Organist" (This was several volumes, arranged by liturgical season, from either the 1950s or 1960s)

--I will post other titles as they come to mind. ANY assistance in locating these would be much appreciated, and I may be contacted via this email.

Stanley Hastings
Old 05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
CEO

Hello Stanley and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to know that. Unfortunately we don't have any of that music and I think will be very difficult to find it. I tried to find them for you on Sheet Music Plus (the major sheet music distributor on the web) but I couldn't find them, so I guess are out of print editions.

I would suggest to start your research on the COPAC, then try to find where they can be located (maybe some copy can be found in some library or repository).

Just my personal advice...

Sincerely,