Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Bassoon
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to Bassoon-O-Rama
Default Bassoon is back...

I think the Bassoon is a wonderfull instrument, any others want to say something...
Old 05-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Bassoon is awesome!!!! I've always been soooo fascinated with it!! lol. Yeah, one of my pretty good friends decided she wanted to change up from clarinet, so she learned bassoon...and now she's one of our state's best, after knowing it for only one year. And I don't think she ever took private lessons from a professional, either.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Lee
Bassoon is awesome!!!! I've always been soooo fascinated with it!! lol. Yeah, one of my pretty good friends decided she wanted to change up from clarinet, so she learned bassoon...and now she's one of our state's best, after knowing it for only one year. And I don't think she ever took private lessons from a professional, either.

Congratulations to your friend! That's a great achievement. I think it often happens like that, so fast, when people find the right instrument after often years of struggle or lesser achievement on another instrument.
I tortured a trumpet for many years until I was very reluctantly made to play the tuba. Instant success, similar to your friend. And I remember a student at one of my schools, whom we pushed (gently!) onto bassoon from clarinet, due to an oversupply of clarinets. She took to it, and is still playing bassoon, as a serious hobbyist, fifteen years later.
Sue
Old 05-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoon-O-Rama
I think the Bassoon is a wonderfull instrument, any others want to say something...

I will admit to getting a lot of enjoyment from watching bassoon players ( I get a lot of time spare in orchestra!). Just the activity of the thumbs is astonishing - all those keys for one thumb!
Sue
Old 06-01-2006, 04:24 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetuba
I tortured a trumpet for many years until I was very reluctantly made to play the tuba. Instant success, similar to your friend. And I remember a student at one of my schools, whom we pushed (gently!) onto bassoon from clarinet, due to an oversupply of clarinets. She took to it, and is still playing bassoon, as a serious hobbyist, fifteen years later.
Sue

That's awesome. Aww...I'm sure the tuba couldn'ta been THAT bad off...I mean, can't most brass players play all the brass instruments (to an extent) once they learn one anyways?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to Bassoon-O-Rama

But the thing about the Bassoon so much is that stupid wisper key . But I got use to it, I was use to register keys, and valves.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Junior Registered User

Yeah! I agree once you know how to play it right that instrument will sounds very awesome!
I would prefer it compared to a flute and this is instrument had so many appearance on the world stage. But sadly most of people watching thought that it was a flute.
So sad and I wonder why they designed it just like the flute. Anyway to cut the story short that instrument although being recognized as flute would stay as the best wind instrument.

Last edited by Julie - VSM : 06-27-2011 at 05:34 PM.