Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 04-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Expert Registered User

Send a message via MSN to CDH35

Thats Great!!!!!!!How was it???? Was the music fun? Which of the songs was the hardest...and by hardest i mean fastest lol. Im hoping to get in to HBOA next yr....but idk...hopefully.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Lee
HBOA updates:

HBOA was absolutely AWESOME...it was THE BEST experience EVER!!! The ensemble sounded...it was almost heavenly, they sounded so great...when we performed the piece we commissioned, I had chills running all up and down my spine from the downbeat of the first measure, up until the cutoff after the tubas finally stopped. I still get chills when I think about how moving that piece of music was...*sighs*

Oh, by the way, I got 7th chair out of 12...against the BEST flute players in AMERICA!!! I'm the 7th best flute player in AMERICA!!!! Go me!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, LOREN!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Thanks ya'll!!

HBOA was awesome...like, the best experience I have EVER had...even better than NY!!!

CDH35: Yeah, the music was pretty hard...actually, the hardest piece was only at around like eighth note equals 74...it was really weird. The title was Exotic Particles and the Confinement of Quarks...by Freund. The only other ensemble that has ever played it, was the Indiana University Wind Ensemble, which it was commissioned for. It's an...interesting piece. It's somewhere on the internet, if you just search for it on the Indiana University's website. We also played Lincolnshire Posey (Granger), The Red Machine, Sky is Waiting, and The Fairest of the Fair. The Red Machine was the most technical...Lincolnshire was really demanding, and Sky is Waiting required a LOT of really great musicianship...it's the piece that put chills up and down my spine, we played it so well. You should DEFINATELY do HBOA...if you make it, we'll have to meet up or something. You'll get to meet all the SC people and stuff!! lol.

As for all the string people on here that live in the US, ya'll should give it a try too...it's the experience of a lifetime...and a great ensemble to be in as a high schooler...the best one you'll ever get into in HS...everyone is really nice and welcoming too. If anyone has ANY questions about it, I can definately clear them up for you...I wish anyone who decides to audition the VERY BEST OF LUCK!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Expert Registered User

Send a message via MSN to CDH35
Default question

what piece did u play to audition for HBOA? was it the same one you used to audition for chair placements?
Old 12-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Yeah, it was the same. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. But chair placements, they use selections from the music you'll be playing at the concert.