Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Bach, J.S.
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 01-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjrc@yahoo.com
Contraception in the 18th century? Apart from if it was even possible, i doubt that if such a devout Christian would even do that. I mean, yeah, they weren't catholic or anything, but he died in 1750--not exactly when people were worrying about loads of kids or anything. plus, his job was composing music for a church. If he tried to use contraception maybe his church would've gotten mad or something. I'm not a historain, im' just 15 years old so im guessing, but that sounds reasonable.
Why the heck are you talking about "contraception"?!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Registered User

TVL was mentioning that earlier in the thread, much before
Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

Oh ok. I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything about it, I guess I didn't go far enough.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice Born
Oh ok. I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything about it, I guess I didn't go far enough.

Ha Ha!!! LoL!! Sorry TB I just had to laugh at that!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Junior Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjrc@yahoo.com
Contraception in the 18th century? Apart from if it was even possible, i doubt that if such a devout Christian would even do that. I mean, yeah, they weren't catholic or anything, but he died in 1750--not exactly when people were worrying about loads of kids or anything. plus, his job was composing music for a church. If he tried to use contraception maybe his church would've gotten mad or something. I'm not a historain, im' just 15 years old so im guessing, but that sounds reasonable.

and, in response to the rest of this, HAYDN INVENTED THE SYMPHONY, you idiots! he wasn' tcalled the "father of the symphony" just randomly! and, in case you forgot, Bach was BAROQUE, Haydn was CLASSICAL. they came after each other. thats like saying "did Washington have lightbulbs in his house? no!!

You could be a little politer, you know. Also, you didn't have to use so many exclamation marks. Additionally, you could learn how to type with out making 5 mistakes in one sentence. Finally, (and this is the last straw) you are incorrect. "Father of the Symphony" is a misnomer. The origins of the symphony actually lie earlier than that.

Everyone in this forum obviously knows the order of the classical periods well enough to know what your thoughtless and pointless remark suggested. None of us suggested that Washington had light bulbs in his house. I would also guess we wouldn't like be called idiots.

To the other, more friendly, people:

Bach's first wife was his second cousin, Barbara.

His second was a soprano in the musicians of the court he worked at, Anna Magdelena. He married her after Barbara died of a sudden disease.

Three of his sons became famous: Carl Philipp Emanuel, Johann Christian (NOT Christoph, as some books call him), and Wilhelm Friedmann.

Hope this clears things up!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Junior Registered User

I am not sure but I heard Berlin Philharmonic played " Bach Orchestra Suite". Similar to symphony.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Junior Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
(Johann Sebatian) Bach wrote from minuets, to partitas, to requiems, to many sonatas, chorales, and so much other (master)pieces. But did he write any symphonies at all? It is strange, after all Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach (his second son from his first wife) did write six sets of awesome string symphonies...Did his father write any? Please tell me if you know!!!
Sincerely,
Sylvia

He wrote many, many orchestral works (e.g. the Brandenburg Concertos, the Christmas Oratorio, and hundreds of suites).
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Bach's children

Well, I guess you've never heard the old junior high school joke!

Q: Why did Bach have so many children?

A: There were no stops on his organ!

(ba-da-bum!)

(When I was 12, we all thought this was hilarious!)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Junior Registered User

It sounded very much like Symphony X with Romeo's typical sound and phrasing. But I never, ever heard of anything if he could become. I noticed that it was actually a piece of Bach. I think that Henry Wood's original scoring may have called for Contrabass Trombone, with the cimbasso being a more nimble supplier of the same sound.