Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Features Requests
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 06-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Would like to know sources of scores

It would be most helpful if you could indicate the historical sources of the scores you publish. For example, I just downloaded your new publication of the Mozart divertimento, K 136. Are the bowings yours, or do they appear this way in one of the original publications of the piece? I often have questions like these, which is why, when I have to perform a piece, I always look for the Henle or Bahrenreiter urtext editions. If you could indicate - even generally - how authentic your scores are, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Yoel Epstein, a faithful customer
Old 06-15-2006, 03:26 AM
CEO

Hello Yoel and thank you for your kind post.

Yes, that's a very important issue: whenever possible we use original indications. If they are added by us, we write it clearly. If no indications are stated, they are conform to the original. That's the way the most part of our editions are.

Please, if you have any specific questions about any specific piece or passage, don't hesitate to ask me, I'll be very glad to write you further.

Thank you for your kindness and great interest.

Sincerely,
Old 06-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Junior Registered User

Wink Divertimento 136 by Mozart

Hi,
When I was a student in violin I found the bars 52 -62 of Mozart's 136 divertimento: second violin, quite difficult. I had great difficulties in getting through this when playing with a youth orchestra.
I tried to find out how others (professionals) are playing this. I learned that most performers, including quartets avoid this passage. They play something different. Is this correct?? Why do they avoid it?
Did Mozart compose it as such? Because during the performance it is nearly impossible to hear the contribution of the second violin at this passage.
Maybe I am mistaken.
Herwig Jansen
Old 06-17-2006, 04:16 PM
CEO

Yes Herwig, I agree with you, I played that passage once in the past and actually it's very difficult. I think Mozart wrote it without paying too much attention to the difficulty of the passage if played on a violin. Of course, if you play it on a piano is much much easier... there's nothing to do than to study it very much. I did that way and something worked out.

Sincerely,