Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 10-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via AIM to marimbist4life

Marching Band is the best ever, especially drum corps, and yea as you can tell by my id, im a marimbist, haha, and totally in love with it

its like, weird, i went from being a violinist, to a string bassist, to bass drum (marching), and then to pit and learning the marimba, its just so different, i absolutely am in love with it

trying out for a drum corps soon...esperanza or impulse! i wish i could do SCV *tear* but hey, thats all the way up in SF and im in san diego, so i mean, i have to make do with what i can right?

MARIMBA FOREVER they seriously have to put marching band music up on virtual sheet music
Old 10-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

yeah, we're getting into the busiest part of our season...and only have 3 competitions left too... but let me tell ya'll how we're going:

At our competition last week, we all thought we had a horrible run during prelims, but it ended up, we got first place with a score of 93 out of 100. Then we did better at finals...and and and...we have a really big competition this weekend!!! And and and...then we have Upper State and State Championships...I can't wait!!! Well, gotta go, or I'd go further into detail.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee
Default I'm Back with updates!!!!

Hey ya'll!!

I have updates on our band...at Upper State, we had our peak performance and got 2nd place, moving into Finals and performing in the 4th to last slot, losing to Blue Ridge only by .4 points. Well, on Saturday, we travelled to State Finals and recieved 2nd place, following Greer by I think 1.3 points (correct me if i'm wrong, please). The season is over now, and I'm extremely disappointed in our rating. We should have gotten first, and everyone knows it. Even people from Greer's band informed us we should have gotten 1st. But at least it's a red ribbon instead of white again. We had a very successful season this year, and I'm dreading moving up to 4A next year...it's doubtful we'll even make State Finals, what with how many awesome bands are in 4A. But there's the final update of this year's marching season...until the Christmas Parade, Spring Trip, and whenever we recieve info about what our show will be next year. I'll talk to ya'll later!!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Expert Registered User

hello#

i just been on work experience with the army so i had a go at marching and playing at the same time. it was soooo much fun despite not being able to read my music as the lyer was in completly the wrong place on my wrist. i supose thats one problem playing piccolo. i'll get lots of practice at least if i go in to the army bands. i can't wait.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Mentor Registered User

That's awesome! I wish you the best of luck...oh, and on the flip folder...you can turn it so you can see it. Just twist the knob on the front of it, in front of the metal piece that holds the page in place. (You have a Flutist's Friend, right?)
Old 08-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Junior Registered User

Thumbs up

I'm sorry if this thread had taken a turn away from the original question. I just saw the tital of the thread and didn't bother to read all of the posts herein...

I was a band geek for the 11 years or so. Marched for 8 (middle school didn't have a "marching" band per se... unless you wanna call what we did in the Christmas parades marching. After high school, I did 4 years with the University of Tennessee's "Pride of the Southland". I can EASILY view these last four years as some of the best I've EVER had in my ENTIRE life (and this was roughly 15 years ago). I got to travel places I wouldn't be able to on an every day basis and made some friends that I'll never forget. Not to mention I got to seem some of the best UT football of the early 90's.

Never marched DCI, although I did get a few invites to audition "back in the day". It was just WAAYYY too expensive!!

I know this thread is a little old now, but I hope you enjoy your time in band. I can promise you'll enjoy it as long as you remember this: IT'S FUN! Don't let it get TOO serious or you may find yourself missing out.

Good times... good times...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Junior Registered User

I am in M Band. I don't like it. especially since my section leader is worst then me. ... I am the best clarinetist...She is not that bad, but her tone is bad. I count and play and My tone is good.