Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > other composers...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

That sounds great! It's always great to learn about composers.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Our original idea was to prepare just a biographical section with very well done biographies written by professional musicologists, but your thoughts to put your contributions is better. So I would suggest both for any specific composer:

1. A main biography section written by professional musicologists.

2. Users contributions section on specific topics (such as specific compositions, instrumental issues, etc.) written by users.

How does this sound?

Sincerely,

Yes, really nice idea! I was actually thinking how you could check the validity of the information we send you. If you make it like you said, there won't be such a problem.
You know, apart from the biography, you should make a works list for each composer. It is very useful and there are not many sites on the web which have such information.
Unfortunatelly, it might take you a lot of time to create this biographical section... Are you just thinking of making it, or have you done any surveys?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
CEO

We are looking for some musicologist available to prepare the main biographies. We'll evaluate them on their curriculum vitae and references. We'll seek the very best and we try to do it as soon as possible.

Of course, an extended list of the composers' works will be surely included with references to libraries and important musical sources.

As always, any your idea and thought to make a such section rich content, will be very welcome.

Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely,
Old 06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Mentor Registered User

My information about him is.... He is awesome! and I have played this when I was little!

http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/score/FioccoVl.html

Got to go!
TVL
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Which Fiocco?

Let's return to Fiocco. I just love bringing nearly unknown baroque and/or classical composers back to life, if they deserve it, like this one we're arguing about. According to Wikipedia, there were at least three composers called Fiocco: a father, and his two sons. This is what I've found in Google a minute ago:

Pietro Antonio Fiocco (or Pier Antonio or Pierre-Antoine) (February 3, 1654 - September 3, 1714) was an Italian Baroque composer.

Pietro Antonio Fiocco was born in Venice. Nothing is known of his childhood and his musical formation in Italy, but it is known that he soon made a name for himself, since Dirck Strijcker, the son of the Dutch consul in Venice had him come to Amsterdam, where an opera was founded. In 1681 the booklet of Helena rapita da Paride appeared, composed by Domenico Freschi and for which Fiocco arranged the music. The same year he composed a prologue for Alceste by Pietro Andrea Ziani sung in Hanover 1682, and for the Lully operas Amadis, Acis et Galathée, Armide and Thésée. In the summer of 1682, he went to Brussels to enter to the service of Eugen Alexander Franz, Count of Thurn and Taxis. He married Jeanne de Latere. Named choirmaster of the church Notre-Dame des Victoires, Fiocco composed religious works, including masses and motets. He died in Brussels in 1714.

He was the father of Melissa Amelia Fiocco. She died at the young age of 23, while traveling to visit her close friend Erica Grier in North Italy, leaving her husband, Angelo Pertioniro and three children, Sabrina Pertioniro, Gabriella Pertioniro and Claudio Pertioniro. His daughter was his main inspiration for his music. Two of his sons, Jean-Joseph (1686 - 1746) and Joseph-Hector (1703-1741), were also composers and musicians of note.

I'm not quite sure, but I think the famous Allegro for violin and basso continuo was composed by the third one, Joseph-Hector Fiocco. I also remember playing a recorder sonata by him some 30 years ago. This sonata's sheet music must be published somewhere, by unfortunately I can't remember the name of the publisher-
Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Fiocco

Hello............

Well, here's a link to a violin and piano score for something entitled Allegro by Fiocco. I know it's not exactly what you're asking for, but you could possibly transpose it, and at best you can get a general idea of how it goes.
Source(s):
imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/8/…
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Junior Registered User

Pietro Antonio Fiocco was born in Venice. Nothing is known of his childhood and his musical formation in Italy, but it is known that he soon made a name for himself, since Dirck Strijcker, the son of the Dutch consul in Venice had him come to Amsterdam, where an opera was founded. In 1681 the booklet of Helena rapita da Paride appeared, composed by Domenico Freschi) and for which Fiocco arranged the music.