Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Voice
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 11-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
Yep, and I found out I wasn't accepted because of typical bureocratic european trouble. I hope I'll have better luck next year, especially because I practiced the piece and vocalises a lot. (And it was a difficult part) Click here to see the pdf (I tried out for the soprano part)

Awww...I'm sorry!!! Better luck next year...did you get any kind of judge's comments? If so, you can use those to improve on your performance!! I love judge's comments!! They help so much!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Senior Registered User

Thankyou so much Loren! But the actual problem was that the recordings didn't get there on time, so my school was disqualified...only because the chorus director didn't want do pay a courier express, but simply DHL it. But when I tried last year ( I had the music a week before the recordings, while the other schools participating had it a month and a half before me. So I didn't make it), the judges said to place the metronome closer to the microphone.....that was a suggestion for my "very concentious" chorus director.
I wonder if I should stop trying, since my school doesn't support me, or continue till my senior year. What do you think loren, should I give up?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
Thankyou so much Loren! But the actual problem was that the recordings didn't get there on time, so my school was disqualified...only because the chorus director didn't want do pay a courier express, but simply DHL it. But when I tried last year ( I had the music a week before the recordings, while the other schools participating had it a month and a half before me. So I didn't make it), the judges said to place the metronome closer to the microphone.....that was a suggestion for my "very concentious" chorus director.
I wonder if I should stop trying, since my school doesn't support me, or continue till my senior year. What do you think loren, should I give up?

NO!!! Don't quit...if you have to, just do the audition on your own without the band and send in the tape yourself!! Don't give up just because of your director!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Junior Registered User

Nice Information. You have to post here really great and very useful information about that. This Information is very useful for me and also all of us. Thanks for this information.