Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Features Requests
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Sibelius Files

Hi,

I am a great fan of your site. Great arrangements and lots of material. At the moment I download them as either PDF or MIDI files. Have you ever thought of making them available as SIBELIUS files? Then the music can be easily transposed or edited. Your arrangmenet for solo violin and piano of Pachelbel's Kanon was great but I needed to edit some of it (as it was too difficult for the student involved). In SIBELIUS that would have been easy.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
CEO

Hello Martin and thank you for your kind posting, we are glad to know you enjoy Virtual Sheet Music.

About the possibility to make Sibelius files available, I am very sorry, but that's not possible for copyright issues. We can't allow people to edit our music without any control from our behalf, that would be against our own copyright policy. I am very sorry, I hope you understand.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Junior Registered User

SIB files can also be exported as standard MIDI files from within Sibelius.The Sibelius Sound Set Editor is a free application for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.4 or later that allows you to create sound sets for Sibelius 5 or later.