Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Organ
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 03-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Wouldn't it be great just to play such thing for only one time

'Tis a monster to be true. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to help in the construction (well, voicing and tuning) of the wonderful Centennial Organ at CSU, Chico. Built by Munetaka Yokota. And from time to time I got to play it... Not quite as big as the Atlanta organ, but still pretty darn fun to play!

Chico State Organ

PF
Old 08-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Junior Registered User

A Pipe organ is a keyboard instrument that makes sound by forcing air through large wooden pipes or metal.The bodies are often found in churches,and there is a vast repertoire of sacred music for organ.I have seen that organ 3 times I always go to the macy's just to see the organ I thought Saint Patricks Cathedral in New york had the biggest pipe organ.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Junior Registered User

I purchased a keyboard player dream, it is very good and easy to use. I like to use it and I like pass more time with it. There are some artificial musics recorded with musics, also you can hear it with or without background musics.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Pipe Organ

The Pipe Organ is musical instrument. It is pipes select through Keyboard. Each pipe organ to create Pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks. It is common timbre and volume thought out compass. A Pipe Organ have several Keyboards play the hand and pedal board the feet. The Organ's continuous supply of wind allows to sustain notes for as long as the corresponding keys are depressed. The largest portable pipe organs 20,000 pipes and seven manuals.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Junior Registered User

The pipe organ in the Macy's store in Center City Philadelphia is the largest functioning musical instrument in the world.It contains the world's largest Diaphone, the 64′ Diaphone-Dulzian in the Pedal Right Division,which is also one of only two full-length 64′ stops in the world.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Biggest functioning pipe organ

The Atlantic City Auditorium organ is usually thought of as the largest in the world - 7 manuals, 449 ranks of pipes, 33,114 pipes including 9 32 foot ranks and a true (not acoustic ) 64 foot rank. However it is only partly functioning at the moment.

The Wanamaker Store organ in Philadelphia ( Macey's ) has only 6 manuals and 28,522 pipes, but has more ranks - 463.

The U. S. Military Academy Chapel in West Point NY has the largest organ with drawstops (rather than stop tabs ) with 380 ranks and 23,500 pipes

An organ museum at 'the House on the Rock ' Spring Vale Wisconsin houses several consoles, including an 8-manual console and a huge console with 15 manuals in three stacks of 5 each.