Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Clarinet
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Weber Concerto No1

The Weber Concerto No. 1 is missing a huge section.. The Schertzando is completely gone and the cadenza. I don't know if it is possible to work this piece without that portion of the piece because all recordings have it. Now, if it cannot be added because of the fact it was most likely put in after Weber composed the piece and it is copyrighted by some German Publishers, then that is diffrent.

But if you didn't know about it, I'd do a little bit of investigating, because it is about a minute and thirty seconds of the piece that is missing. This is on the first movement by the way.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:58 AM
CEO

Dear Kevo2012 thank you for your post.

That sounds interesting... please, could you please tell me after what movement you think should be located that missed part? The Scherzando you wrote about, is it a complete different movement? Please, tell me more...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Old 02-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Junior Registered User

Maybe you should try another editor. The only explanation I can think of regarding the Scherzando is poor editing. The cadenza is another story.

The editor may not have included it because of the fact that a cadenza is traditionally made up by the performer in an improvisatory manner. The standard cadenza is that of either Karl or Heinrich Baermann. I can't remember which. It is not, nor has it ever been under copyright. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 PM
CEO

AllanMc: thank you for your suggestion, of course, the "missing part" could be the cadenza. Any idea Kevo2012?

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 02-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Scherzando

Well, I pulled out my copy of the concerto to take a look, and I can't find anywhere marked Scherzando. The only possibility I can think of is the third movement, which is a Rondo marked Allegretto.

I still don't know about the cadenza, but if you're interested, I checked and it's by Heinrich Baermann, the son of Karl Baermann, the clarinetist for whom Weber wrote his solo clarinet works.

I also thought you might mean the concertino, but I checked it, and it doesn't have a scherzando anywhere. Did you mean the Concerto No. 2? I don't have a copy of it, but it might have a scherzando.

Last edited by AllanMc : 02-24-2007 at 12:11 AM.