Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Clarinet
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Reed Guard Problem

I've played the clarinet for 5 or 6 years, but reacently I lost my reedguard. Not really a problem, I just got a new one when I went in to buy more reeds. The problem is that when ever I put my reeds into the new guard they come out covered in black stuff, which is the color of my reedguard, so I tried washing it in water. The thing is, nothing came off and the reeds still go black. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if they did...how did you solve it? Any help would be appreciated, thank you much^-^
Old 07-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Did you get a really good one, or just one to fill in for the one you originally had? Cuz if you got one of the cheaper ones, chances are it's gonna do that. Do you get the Woodwind Catelogue by any chance? There's some great cases in there. I would suggest getting a different one though. Either that or wait it out and see if the black stuff ever stops getting on your reeds.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:33 AM
Junior Registered User

I don' know if its a good one or not, but its the exact same as the one I used to have. My old one didn't do this though, I'm hoping the stuff will eventually go away, if it doesn't I might just have to get a new one...is there a website for the cataloge?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Yeah, here's the link. You can probably sign up for it somewhere. They have pretty much everything a person could ever need for their instrument. (They even have polishing wipes). Here's the link: Woodwind Brasswind Catalogue
Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Junior Registered User

Thanks! The reeds i use are like half the price of whati normally pay...i looked and the reedgurads i've had are on the site, so I'm guessing the black stuff either goes away or i got a defected one-_-. Thank you for your help^-^
Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Mentor Registered User

Glad I could help.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Yeah, here's the link. You can probably sign up for it somewhere. They have pretty much everything a person could ever need for their instrument. (They even have polishing wipes). Here's the link: Woodwind Brasswind Catalogue

it's cool, snx

------------------------
What Does Not Kill You Only Makes You Stronger
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Junior Registered User

Default well...

...if you still havent fount your solution i use these small clear plastic reed guards,cases,whatever you want to call it and i just put my reed in it and it stayes protected
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Junior Registered User

Default best anwser

I agree with you
what you said is so helpful
thank you