Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > String Quartet
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 02-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Junior Registered User

Post Trio/Quartet

Hi. I'm a cellist who is starting a quartet/trio (dunno yet. It depends on who I can get to join) and need some good music. We are the best middleschool orchestra in Texas, and I can play anything that I put my mind to so I am not really worried about skill level. Would someone please suggest a piece that we could play that has a fun cello part in it. I don't want to be the metranome, I want to be important too. (XD)

Email me at Cellofreako@gmail.com because I will probably forget this site and not check this forum again. XD

Please and thank you,
Cellofreak
Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
CEO

Hello Cellofreak and thank you for your post.

Are you looking for music for four or three cellos? Please, let me know.

About the fact to contact you by e-mail, that doesn't matter since if you have left untouched the default settings of your Control Panel, you'll receive notification by e-mail of any message posted on this thread.

Thank you again and enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Old 02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellofreak
Hi. I'm a cellist who is starting a quartet/trio (dunno yet. It depends on who I can get to join) and need some good music. We are the best middleschool orchestra in Texas, and I can play anything that I put my mind to so I am not really worried about skill level. Would someone please suggest a piece that we could play that has a fun cello part in it. I don't want to be the metranome, I want to be important too. (XD)

Email me at Cellofreako@gmail.com because I will probably forget this site and not check this forum again. XD

Please and thank you,
Cellofreak

Try the "American" by Dvorak. Also, for three cellos, Requiem by David Popper is nice. Also, All the quartets by Haydn are really good especially Op. 76 No.1 which starts with a cello solo!
Old 03-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Junior Registered User

Hey thanks! Right now I have my hands full. I know it doesn't sound like much to you but we are starting Handel's Messiah one week before contest, and I am teaching myself Elgar's cello concerto in E minor along with a whole bunch of stupid Suzuki stuff. Gah! I hate Suzuki. I will check out the pieces you mentioned.

Thanks again,
Cellofreak
Old 03-11-2006, 05:11 PM
CEO

You're very welcome.

All the best,
Old 03-12-2006, 03:40 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellofreak
Hey thanks! Right now I have my hands full. I know it doesn't sound like much to you but we are starting Handel's Messiah one week before contest, and I am teaching myself Elgar's cello concerto in E minor along with a whole bunch of stupid Suzuki stuff. Gah! I hate Suzuki. I will check out the pieces you mentioned.

Thanks again,
Cellofreak

Hey, that's cool. I played the Messiah before. On two different instruments too. One year I played trumpet and the next year I played viola. Totally loved it!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Expert Registered User

Lightbulb Cello Trio/Quartet

Fabrizio has the answer online, I recommend (hold on tight kid) his Wedding Collection. His arrangements are done with double-back flips, and a triple dismount i.e. adaptable for 3-4 cellos, 2+2 Cel,Vln., Trios, Vln, Viol. Cel. or Vln, Cello and ContraBass (AKA only in US a Double Bass) No those are not just wedding songs!!!!. They are popular melodic statements for the common man (elevator music, Mood MU---WAIT STOP NOT THAT Till your a'bit Older ) and arranged so you can adjust the register proficiency , although For Values/in 5th-8th post. a mid-school Violinist may need to count lines under the Phyg.Values(Dots on Top) then find the note in a scale book, but they can all be played lower once note PVal is known, while maintaining accurate restatments of the intent of composers. If you don't tell someone they are from a Wedding collection, they will simply enjoy the melody that is familiar, you will easily pick up the phrasing once the melody is clear and you get an OH, YEAH GOT IT, kinda lightbulb. Just think (no don't--- not at your age yet)[I] Hey big quys help him, think if anyone heard a specific request, (Yes!!!come on, how often???? , for Air of G, Water Music, or whatever that Hornpipe thingy is called, to be played at their wedding.(XTRA $50.00 to listen and choose, C'mon, I'm not the only one I doubt it. They are popular classics. Now feeling eclectic (take it from a certified master its are hard life to live, ask JeeViola, and the Chipmunk what they think of my ideas), listen to audio and the videos of YoYo W/ Edgar Meyer n' Mark O'Conner on complicated classical statements of variations on Traditional, Classic, and Appalacian tunes www.yo-yoma.com. It will motivate you! SO COMMIT NOW! JUST DO IT. I buy those transcriptions on-line but out of courtesy to Fabrizo forget where. Thats why you go to YO-YO's cite, no sheet music offered. Want to try one! Listen and pick one, I'll help to pressure Fabrizio to transcribe a slower one, Hey Fabrizio I'll buy 10 copies, pre-paid if delivery avail. in 30 days. Then we can buy them from him. I bought Poem for Carlita, last night for $3.00, (and I spent $20.00 on VSM-no cry babies), with his ear is just a peice of cake - (or for us Texans, A quick buck, right AustinViolin?
Practice PEACE Always Sound the Trumpets, Bang the Tambourines, and Make a Joyful Noise(but only if your progressive, otherwise just listen to organ music, God will still Love you )