Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Piano
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Junior Registered User

Hi Manjuke,

Scales and exercises can be boring but it's the only way to get better at your instrument. I have found that playing with a backing tracks actually helps. It also made it more interesting.

I've created these rhythm tracks in a variety of modern music styles to help you develop rhythm and timing. Best of all, the tracks were created with a drone in each key to allow you to check your intonation and work on your ear training. This is invaluable in helping you to play or sing in tune and to hear intervals. www.practicetraxx.com
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Junior Registered User

Lots of practice yes! musicman10 is right. I have to plan exactly when I will practice and for how long. That helps me allot. But we are all different.

I have posted the virtues of Piano-Yoga for me but each of us will have a technique that helps. Your teacher should respond to you and suggest ways to help you practice.

I think the jist of it is, there is no "correct" way to practice, just ways that will help you personally.

Bass
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Junior Registered User

Do not forget the metronome. Metronomes are designed to strengthen your ability to pace, and if you insist on playing without it, music is supposed to produce inconsistent. Rely on the mechanics of a metronome, and you can be beat every time.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Junior Registered User

Wow this even helped me to begin learning Piano in a new way. Thanks a lot to all the contributors of this thread.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Junior Registered User

Each piano exercises should create a challenge for the pianist to achieve something never done before. I repeat - something never done before a pianist first, unless it wants to complete sometime in the past learned skills. Each workout may incorporate new rudiment, a new song, or a new exercise.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Junior Registered User

Default piano

If you are getting bored doing scales in piano then stop doing it for a mean time. Then sing a song that you like with the piano until you get back your mood playing the scales again. In this way you are still practicing.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Junior Registered User

If you really want to learn piano then its good to take piano lesson from a reputed institute. Its not that easy to learn piano that you can do it by yourself. On a piano, each key will play a different note when it is pressed. Piano chords are the key to learning piano fast.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Junior Registered User

Smile

I have been playing piano for 2 years now. I have started playing the piano by widow. Meaning through listening the music through ears. I did not start exactly from lyrics / piece. It's really helpful because I never had a time to get bored. Then I enrolled in a piano class. It's really cool.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Junior Registered User

Practice on the advice of professionals and you would be able to judge the best method on your own.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Junior Registered User

I'd suggest you to use a method that you are comfortable at. You can go to website like Youtube there you'll find lot of techniques that you can use to improve your skills.