Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > other composers...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Expert Registered User

I have found that I am a spectacularly average composer - of all the things we had to compose for college theory class, the only one I did that I really liked was a minuet and trio (written in G-flat, just because).

My only other composition that I've even really considered to be above average is a Latin Mass...inspired by singing them three years in a row in an honors choir, and running into tenor parts that sat in the D-E-F-G range forever. If I remember correctly - has been several years since I looked at it - the tenor parts in mine don't go above an F, and don't set up shop in the vocal break area for pages at a time. The tenor soloist, on the other hand...

Over the 15 years that I've been teaching, I have gotten pretty good at arranging - mainly from piano/vocal to string ensemble, although I have done a few junior high band arrangements (three for my master's thesis project).

One of "my kids" asked me if I could set a poem she wrote to music as a present for her boyfriend (now husband). She thought it was great...I thought it was okay.

---
On the topic that surfaced around 50 posts ago...
Sanity is highly overrated. I tried it once, but didn't like it.
If you don't think I'm insane - I play bassoon. And viola. And teach middle school. (What's your excuse?)
Old 10-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Junior Registered User

I compose for all kinds of instruments and styles, you want it I can compose it, I don't always follow said definitions of different styles.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Junior Registered User

i also jamming up from long time we are creating a band and looking for one more senior member hope will get it..