Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
So, what are your musical skills and knowledge? Just to know...

Thank you,

Are you asking everyone, or just MCAACMPSR2007?

Well just in case (so I don't have to come back in later on)...
I've been playing flute for 4 years now and am an excellent one at that. I'm not all that great at naming chords, but I've gotten really good at building chords and writing music. I'm really bad at lyrics, but hey! I write great instrumental music. I also play a little bit of piano, but I've never had lessons on it before in my life. I've also gotten really good at writing piano solos and the sort...it's included in almost everything I write. As for knowledge...I've never been in a theory class, but I do study a good bit of theory and know quite a bit about making pieces worth playing/listening to. (Although a lot of what I write is extremely hard to play...I've written several pieces in the key of Cb)
Old 07-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

My musical skills -

Instruments:
5+ years on Trumpet
2-3 years on Clairnet
1 year on Violin
Brief Studies of Tenor Sax, French Horn, Tuba, Trombone

Composition and Theory:
3 years Composing
Always continuing to study Theory
1 year class on Compostion, Theory, and History

Knowledge:
Great knowledge of Key Signatures
Great knowledge of Transposition
Great knowledge of Chords
Good knowledge of Instrument Capabilities
Good knowledge of Ranges
Okay knowledge on Chord Progression

Listening:
Always, all musical generations and eras

I feel like I'm writing a personal ad...

Anything Else?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:29 PM
CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
Are you asking everyone, or just MCAACMPSR2007?

To everyone, of course! I was just curious... thank you for letting it me know.

Actually you are really involved in music study, and that's fantastic. I'd like to have a look (or listen to) to some of your compositions. Is it possible for you to attach a sample here? Just for fun and because I like to discuss about composing.

Thank you to all of you!

Best,
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Sure...let me see how to do it, and I'll attach one of my newest pieces. I think I attached it...I don't really know how to do it. Tell me if it attached.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Hey yeah I'll attach one as soon as I can get it back on the computer... (I hate these things I have somewhere around 200 works on a CD that won't read in this computer and it makes me more than a little bit mad). Yeah its one of my favorite pieces that I've written and I hope you guys will like it when I put it on here.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 AM
CEO

I look forward for them.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Zealot Registered User

One quick question how do you attach files... (The sample I'm going to put on here won't be ready until Saturday at the earliest, but I can tell you a little about it now).

The piece that I will put up here is called "Festivo A Due Tromba" which translates to 'Festival For Two Trumpets' but I like the Italian better... anyway it has a quick tempo, and stays mostly on the chords, also there are some 16th note runs

I may put another piece up here that is called, "Daybreak In Alabama" which is based on the poem of the same name which was writen by Langston Hughes, this piece was a part of my poetry project in English this past school year (going to arts school is great for blending your true interests into your school work). When the whole thing is completed it will hopefully become a Trumpet standard... I still have to wirte the accompanying parts (I think I'm keep with my original plan of trumpet with orchestra, but I may just wirte a piano accompaniment to it and call it done... nah! full orchestra back up is so much more powerful). It is a flowing piece that is meant to bring out the images of the poem.

To read the poem go here: http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/Langston-Hughes/2380

Just close the pop-up... this was the site that I found that was the easiest to get to the poem... I found it in my text book, eh whatever.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 AM
CEO

To attach files is easy: when you click on the "Reply" button, the "Reply to Thread" page will appear. You'll be able to write your messages as usual, and if you look in the "Additional Options" below you'll find a "Manage Attachments" button that allows you to attach files to your messages on the forums.

Please, let me know if you need further help.

All the best,
Old 07-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Zealot Registered User

Here is "Daybreak in Alabama" this is

a) The way shortened version
b) A coputer realization (doesn't convey the moods well)
c) Not quite fixed like my hand written score
d) Only the Trumpet part

The actual live song flows a lot better thant the computerized version, my English teacher who is really big on music couldn't stop talking about it... (It was turned in, in April and I'm sure when i go back next August I'm going to hear something about it). The first time it was played was the shortened version of the shortened version, it will also be played publically next March and I hope to play it in December at my school's Winter Showcase.

To hear this piece you're gonna need a Finale product from 2002 on. To get Finale Notepad 2005 go here http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/ um yeah you will have to create an account there, but they won't send any bulk mail, only your password.

Make sure you have read the poem by Langston Hughes
( http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/Langston-Hughes/2380 ) before listening, and make sure you try to input into your mind the human emotion and combine that with the sound, because when the song is played live, it evokes some emotions... but when you hear this you might not think as much.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Daybreak In Alabama.zip (41.2 KB, 422 views)
Old 07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
CEO

Very touching the poem by Langston Hughes and I like your melody! I was wondering why not add an accompaniment part... any idea?

Thank you.