Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Very touching the poem by Langston Hughes and I like your melody! I was wondering why not add an accompaniment part... any idea?

Thank you.

That is the eventual plan... I just haven't had enough time to write any other parts for it. The real solo piece is Two full pages on 20 stave paper... so it is a lot longer than the piece that everyone has gotten to hear... Yeah that was just a poem that really spoke to me, so when I saw "Write music to a poem" on the assignment sheet (which was probably added just for me, I have written about 10 pieces in 2 years just for that class, as far as I know no one else has written any). I wrote the solo part in about a week so I was pretty happy (who said no one got anything done during the Standardized Tests).
Old 07-15-2005, 03:37 AM
CEO

In fact I think it's a working theme and can be very well developed.

Please, keep me update and keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
Old 07-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Yeah I have a lot of material to work with on this one... No one has ever heard the entire solo part (well in my head I have). Besides this is basically the rough draft, but ya'll are included in the process this time...

Update- I'm still working on retype-setting 'Festivo A Due Tromba' But its getting there. I didn't have anytime to work on it today, I was home for about half and hour, since I got up at 9:00am, I've been walking all dalong and I think I'm gonna fall asleep right here in this chair.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Zealot Registered User

This is pretty bad when I'm the second person to send a request down my way... Don't you think.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 AM
CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
This is pretty bad when I'm the second person to send a request down my way... Don't you think.

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you mean... please, can you tell me more?

Thanks,
Old 07-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
I am sorry, but I don't understand what you mean... please, can you tell me more?

Thanks,

I was bored last night so I sent myself an e-mail saying... and I quote

"Dude I am so bored... Could you write me a piece for viola and piano, that is joyous but with tones of sadness."

The sad thing is that is how I actually talk half of the time.

It was just that way something would be in one of my e-mail accounts. It was a joke.
Anyway,
Update- I will have the better part of thirteen pages of "Festivo A Due Tromba" re-typed tonight, and if its not done by Wednesday then I really slacked off...

Also I will probably be re-typing and re-writing another "A Due Tromba" piece, I unfortunately didn't get a chance to print this one out before the evil computer died... Anyway I have whats left of the original on paper which is only 2 1/2 of the I think 15 pages (Keep your eyes open for "Fiesta A Due Tromba" thats okay it needed to be shortened). I will also re-write "Cirque A Due Tromba" and place it on here to.

Whoever gets the chance to listen to the pieces I put up here, please leave feedback on how you think they sound.

Thanks

Last edited by MCAACMPSR2007 : 07-16-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Zealot Registered User

Talking "Festivo A Due Tromba"

Here it is and a lot quicker than even I suspected, I hope that you all enjoy... you will need the same finale program, the link is in the "Daybreak in Alabama" post.

Thanks, and here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Festivo A Due Tromba.zip (59.0 KB, 346 views)
Old 07-16-2005, 03:55 PM
CEO

I downloaded a 150 bars long piece... does that's correct? Please, let me know...

About the title: does the title should be written in Italian? If so, it should be: "Festivo a due trombe" because "tromba" is singular whereas "trombe" is plural

Best,
Old 07-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
I downloaded a 150 bars long piece... does that's correct? Please, let me know...

About the title: does the title should be written in Italian? If so, it should be: "Festivo a due trombe" because "tromba" is singular whereas "trombe" is plural

Yes, that's the correct length, I however didn't put the dynamics in this file so yeah...

Yes the title is supposed to be in Italianand I'll change the titles right now... Thank you for correcting me (thats what happens when I don't know exactly whats going on in the language that the title is in).

Thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
CEO

Ok, perfect. Yes, I would suggest you to vary the theme a little more because often it is repetitive, maybe by modulating in a different key. Just my idea... anyway the theme is good and can be well developed.

You are welcome for the Italian wording!

All the best,