Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
k. Thanks. I just finished a rough draft of the trio I'm making out of it... There's a few places where the violin goes a little too high to fill the chord, so I have to fix them. I'm gonna have to email them to you though, cuz I don't think it's letting me attach .mus files.

Yeha thats the problem you gotta put them into zipped folders and then put them on here, just right click on the file you want here, go down to where it says send to, and then select compressed (zipped) folder.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Oh! That makes a lot more sense!! I tried it *again* Hopefully it'll work this time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Theme from Trapped 1.zip (46.9 KB, 78 views)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

MCAACMPSR2007:

I listened to both of them. They both sound great...on the duet, you might need to have less staccatos...it makes it kinda choppy. Add a little more contrast, but overall it sounds really good. As for the solo, it's really pretty. And you did say there's an accomaniment, right? It probably sounds a lot better with the accompaniment. You wrote a longer version by hand?! That had to be tormenting!! I couldn't stand to write 61 measures by hand, much less all that! You must have some major patience to do that. (Plus you probably don't have weak wrists that are on the verge of carpal tunnel, which is an added bonus) But good job...they sound really good.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
MCAACMPSR2007:

I listened to both of them. They both sound great...on the duet, you might need to have less staccatos...it makes it kinda choppy. Add a little more contrast, but overall it sounds really good. As for the solo, it's really pretty. And you did say there's an accomaniment, right? It probably sounds a lot better with the accompaniment. You wrote a longer version by hand?! That had to be tormenting!! I couldn't stand to write 61 measures by hand, much less all that! You must have some major patience to do that. (Plus you probably don't have weak wrists that are on the verge of carpal tunnel, which is an added bonus) But good job...they sound really good.

I didn't care how my wrists felt, I was in the zone of writing music and couldn't stop, it was one of my most creative moments, the accopaniment is something that is being worked on it will hopefully be done by august. The choppiness should be reduced when played live, and the next one, 'Circo A Due Trombe' is a lot faster (same tempo more 8th and 16th notes.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:37 AM
Mentor Registered User

lol, I was in that 'zone' last night, when I was up till like 2 or 3 in the morning, writing that music down...didn't think about my wrists until I went to pick the paper up to read it and this searing pain went through my wrist. lol. Good luck on the accompaniment!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Zealot Registered User

Pain there's no pain in composing, okay so there is, and sometimes there can be a lot of pain, heck I probably shouldn't be on the computer so much I mean thats going to eventually cause me problems... it does that to us instrumentalists... There is a pain in my neck probably from those darn kids. At least you understood the 'zone' that I was refering to, I coulda said something like what I said to my brother and he woulda thought something completely different. Besides the pain wasn't there that week, it was during standardized testing, and so practicing the shading of circles was good for me.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
Pain there's no pain in composing, okay so there is, and sometimes there can be a lot of pain, heck I probably shouldn't be on the computer so much I mean thats going to eventually cause me problems... it does that to us instrumentalists... There is a pain in my neck probably from those darn kids. At least you understood the 'zone' that I was refering to, I coulda said something like what I said to my brother and he woulda thought something completely different. Besides the pain wasn't there that week, it was during standardized testing, and so practicing the shading of circles was good for me.

lol, gotta love testing. It's so good to get to write a half note or whole note every now and then. Although all those dang stems get annoying too...so it's nice to write whole notes occasionally, like...at the end of a piece...

Lol, yeah. I get in that zone a lot. I'll be on my keyboard, play something I only wanted to run through once wrong, and end up on it an hour, trying to put a melody to my messup. Same as with the computer...or when I arrange something. (I can't write anything by hand unless it's a solo, so I usually arrange by hand)
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Zealot Registered User

I have stints of the zone, at different places and at different times, normally when I'm not in hicktown, USA. It's brown out here, all of our grass is brown, most people are either really sunburned or locked in their houses... I have one heck of a farmers tan, its from delivering auto parts with my arm out the window, because theres no air conditioning.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Mentor Registered User

lol. I can just imagine the tan line you'd get from band camp. Does your school have a marching band? Most art schools don't... You should highly consider DCI. It's awesome. And being on the field, ready to march a show you've worked your butt off to put together, that's one of the best feelings a person could ever have. It's even better than playing a solo in front of an auditorium full of people. *sighs* I can't wait for band camp!!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Zealot Registered User

Stupid question...

What is DCI?

I don't know, i'm in the dark and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I think that its a train.