Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Flute
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 11-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to Fxbabyjj
Exclamation New Case

Hey

I am looking for a new flute case because I'm going to hungary this winter and probably be playing a lot form fammily and friends. The flute i have now is a Germianhrat (spelling??) and a B foot Im soon going to pay a visit to my local music store but I'm wondering what I should look in a case.
Please tell me any of your suggestions no matter how stupid you think it is!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Um...Protec makes some nice cases. It depends on what you're going to put in your case. If you don't have very many cleaning/upkeeping supplies, I say go with one of the cases that you have to actually transfer the flute to. Otherwise, I say get a gig bag. It holds everything you could ever think to put in a case along with your music. These cases usually range probably anywhere from $30 (for a smaller case) to $50+ (gig bags, etc) I currently have 3 cases for my flute: the hard case, a cover for that case just to hold my cleaning rod, cloth, and polishing rag, and then I have the gig bag, which is a smaller one, since I don't carry music with me. If you need anymore help, feel free to ask.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Expert Registered User

I use a gig bag over my flute case there really good and you can fit so much stuff in there with your flute. i also hae a piccolo in it s well as a flute and i keeep all my cleaning thins, screwdrivers, metronome and tunner in there. i can also fit a drink bottle in there or a music stand as well. so i really recomend them. i also use one for my saxophone and the bags so big i can put my flute and picc in the back pocket in there cases so that if i'm doing a concert with all of my insruments i don't have to take more than one bag with me.