Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Viola
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 11-21-2006, 03:19 AM
Junior Registered User

Default comparison shopping

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and plan to pick up the viola again after 15 years. (Long time between drinks, as the locals say.)

I'm planning to spend something within the $500-$600 mark and I've got my eye on a Dolfin and a Gliga II. I recently went to a shop and though the consultant was quite helpful, there were no Gliga II violas for me to inspect. I had to take his word for it when he said Gligas have an overall better sound than Dolfins. I did get to hear the Dolfin and I found it really warm, bright and resonant. Any feedback on either brand? Should I pick another brand entirely?

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Also, I don't know if this matters, but I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers,
Michelle
Old 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Mentor Registered User

Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Re:

When you search for items online, you usually want to find the lowest prices in the least amount of time. The Search Engine Web App is a new way to bring you the lowest prices for items you search for, without rambling through pages of endless search results. Very useful for pricing