Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Voice
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Junior Registered User

Talking Singing is the Best Instrument!

Looks Like I'm the first to post in the Voice Forum, Cool! Well as the first guy here let me just say that singing is king ! Anyone else out there?

Last edited by MusicLife : 07-22-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Well, I do enjoy singing, but I wouldn't say it's the best instrument...lol, sorry. I'm partial to woodwinds. But I do really enjoy singing a lot. Nice to meet you
Old 07-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Lets see I've performed on a string, a woodwind, a "percussion", a brasswind, and vocally (all of these at least once, the last two most often though). But I have to disagree with MusicLife, singing is not king... The vocal instrument does not leave enough up to the audience's imagination, unless of course its avant garde and they aren't singing words (thanks to Mrs. G. for that experience on her Norton Recordings CD's). Not only that but the other insruments leave so much room for dynamics and their timbre can be more easily altered... I'm sorry if I had to pick one instrument as the best, it'd have to be the trumpet... but piccologurl will say that I'm definitely biased... and thats probably because I am, but i at least thought for a while about it...
Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

lol, I think we're all a little biased. personally, I'm extremely partial to flute and picc. lol.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Are you sure... I don't think so...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Mentor Registered User

Of course I'm partial to my instrument! I LOVE my beautiful Francesca Lee and Isabelle and Leighah and *sniffs* my 9-11. *sobs* Good flute...he was a great flute...
Old 07-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Zealot Registered User

Update for piccologurl, Annabelle Lee hasn't been feelign good this summer, she needs to go see the doc... (jk but she needs to be fixed).
Old 07-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
Update for piccologurl, Annabelle Lee hasn't been feelign good this summer, she needs to go see the doc... (jk but she needs to be fixed).

lol, I found nothing wrong with that in the first place. I say that all the time when an instrument needs fixing. (Yahoo had to go to the hospital for about 2 weeks when I got a swab stuck in him my 8th grade year) But what's wrong with her?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! lol, jk.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Zealot Registered User

Well she's obsessed witht the boy cellos, she likes cellos because of their big bones... No her strings stretched a lot, and my other violin needs to be fixed the string that goes around the button broke, I have no clue why...
Old 07-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Mentor Registered User

Oh, so she's just getting her strings replaced? *Doesn't know what in the world is wrong with a string stretching...I'M NOT A STRING PLAYER IN THE SLIGHTEST*