Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Piano
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 04-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor

I just recently finished learning Rachmaninoffs Prelude In C# minor. All I have left to do is master it. Althought Im having trouble in certain parts, particularly the Agitato triplet section. I can play it just fine, although Im having trouble accenting the high notes. I also need a little advice on when to use the sustain pedal during this section. If anyone can give me any help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Im playing this in a school concert near the middle of May and I want to play it as best as I can.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven32
I just recently finished learning Rachmaninoffs Prelude In C# minor. All I have left to do is master it. Althought Im having trouble in certain parts, particularly the Agitato triplet section. I can play it just fine, although Im having trouble accenting the high notes. I also need a little advice on when to use the sustain pedal during this section. If anyone can give me any help or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Im playing this in a school concert near the middle of May and I want to play it as best as I can.

I recommend either using the pedal in the high sections or using it all the way through.