Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Czerny Op. 599 & Op. 849

We only have the first 26 exercises of Czerny Op. 599 (Practical Method for Beginners). Hope to have all 100 of Op. 599 and all 30 of Op. 849. Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 12:11 AM
CEO

Of course, we will work on the remaining ones as soon as possible.

Thank you for your note.

All the best,
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Thanks

Thanks so much for your responding e-mail. I am really impressed. I noticed that the scores have neither pedalings nor fingerings. This in many cases would undermine the usefulness of the scores. I wonder why? If it is for legal reasons, why not just use urtext since they would be directly from the composers therefore no copy right issues.

Anyway, even without either, what your site provides is invaluable. Big thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 PM
CEO

Well, that's very simple and it's not for legal reasons: it's just because at the beginning we aimed to offer "clean" scores to differentiate ourselves from other editions, but after a while we realized that people wanted fingerings and other indications, so we changed our way to work on our editions and began to publish music with fingerings for the main instruments (piano, violin, viola, cello). The problem is that we have yet to re-publish old editions with such indications and we had yet to complete collections (such as the Chopin's Nocturnes, Polonaises) that were without fingerings and, for the sake of consistency, we completed the collections without fingerings. But we plan to republish all the piano repertoire with fingerings, one piece a time. Unfortunately that requires time and organization, and hopefully we will be able to complete everything in 1-2 years.

If you have any preferred "list" of pieces you would like to have fingerings first, please tell it to me, we will consider your priorities with attention.

Please, feel always free to contact me or post here again your thoughts with any questions or ideas you may have, I will be glad to hear from you.

Thank you again for your interest.

Sincerely,
Old 01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Junior Registered User

Default That's great

I am so glad that you will put fingering (hopefully pedaling) on scores in a year or 2. I can only imagine how great a quantity of work that is! I will think about what I need and write to you. However, every piece should have fingering (and pedal markings) on it!!! And very importantly, please make sure to use the good editions as it would make the world of difference. In general, it should always be Henle Urtext even for Chopin. That will make the music so much more valuable. If you do that, I swear very pianist in this country would want to join you. Russian music could just use Russian editions. Dover is a cheap good edition as well. However by all means, if Henle has it, always use it. Juilliard has perhaps every Henle book that ever published.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 AM
CEO

Thank you for your suggestions. We will do our best

Thank you again.

Best,