Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Features Requests
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 09-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Finale/Sibelius Format Scores

Hi,

First, I'd just like to say how happy I am that this site exists, it's exactly what I was looking for!

I was wondering if it would be possible to offer the sheet music files in their original format (i.e. Finale or Sibelius, etc) so that users with those programs can do things like mute the solo part and play along with the accompaniment, or add in a metronome to keep tempo. It would also be useful if one wanted to transpose parts to accommodate other instruments (i.e. violin to viola, etc).

Thanks,
Ismail Degani
Old 09-16-2005, 06:38 PM
CEO

Dear Ismail Degani, thank you for your post and welcome on the forums. I am very glad to know you are enjoying Virtual Sheet Music.

Well, we cannot publish our sheet music in Finale or Sibelius file format due to copyright issues. By publishing them in those formats we would allow anybody to modify them and, possibly, republishing them easily by infringing our own copyrights. I hope you understand that.

Instead, to play along the music and mute single tracks, you can always download the MIDI files freely included with any piece.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding on this important matter.

Sincerely,
Old 10-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Mentor Registered User

Welcome to the Forums, Ismail Degani!!! You will really enjoy it here!!!!

TVL
Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Dear Ismail Degani, thank you for your post and welcome on the forums. I am very glad to know you are enjoying Virtual Sheet Music.

Well, we cannot publish our sheet music in Finale or Sibelius file format due to copyright issues. By publishing them in those formats we would allow anybody to modify them and, possibly, republishing them easily by infringing our own copyrights. I hope you understand that.

Instead, to play along the music and mute single tracks, you can always download the MIDI files freely included with any piece.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding on this important matter.

Sincerely,

Thats what I do, hey Fabrizio, how much does the site cost? what host are you using, I m asking because I want to start a web business for arranging music, If you dont want to answer, thats fine

P.S. Thanks for your time
Old 01-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmood_195
Thats what I do, hey Fabrizio, how much does the site cost? what host are you using, I m asking because I want to start a web business for arranging music, If you dont want to answer, thats fine

Those are very good "?" I would of asked already but I just dont like asking people how the manage their money etc.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 AM
CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmood_195

Hi mahmood and thank you for your message. Unfortunately I can't publish here that information, but I can assure you that when we started we didn't spend any money... or almost. You can start a site by paying a good webhosting company for only $5 a month and you can rise that money by publishing Google Ads or other ads on your website (just to start)... but this is without the purpose of this forum. You can always contact me by private messaging or e-mail.

Sincerely,
Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrizio - VSM
Hi mahmood and thank you for your message. Unfortunately I can't publish here that information, but I can assure you that when we started we didn't spend any money... or almost. You can start a site by paying a good webhosting company for only $5 a month and you can rise that money by publishing Google Ads or other ads on your website (just to start)... but this is without the purpose of this forum. You can always contact me by private messaging or e-mail.

Sincerely,

Oh..Okay.. Mahmood if you find out can you please PM me? Thanks!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pipari

Welcome VSM forums Deganii
Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pihvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipari
Welcome VSM forums Deganii

Did you mean "Welcome TO VSM forums Deganii"?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pipari

yes.!!!!