Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 02-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Mendelssohn String Quartets

This year is the 200th anniversary (Born Feb 1809) of Mendelssohn's birth. Would love to see any of his string quartets on your site. I believe the 6th was the last of his major works of any sort before his death and is reputed to be one of his best. A number of the best known composers of Western music are near the 200th anniversary of their birth. It is always great to have pieces available to recognize that type of milestone. You might consider looking at anniversary years as helping to guide some of your output decisions. I am always looking for more string quartet music of any sort and love the Vivaldi 4 seasons suggestion from another thread. Our quartet is performing quarterly house concerts in my home and being able to pull the appropriate segment of the Vivaldi for the season would be very appealing.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
CEO

Of course Jerry, we already plan to publish some of his quartets. I will push for more string quartet repertoire

Thank you again!

Sincerely,