Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Living Composers Discussions and Sharing
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 12-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Zealot Registered User

Default Christopher Theofanidis

I have a CD with his piece, "Rainbow Body", on it. It's about 13 minutes long. I bought this CD a couple of years ago when it first came out, and really liked it. The CD got misplaced, but it just resurfaced recently and I've been listening to it again.

Sorry, I'm not a good reviewer of concert music, so it's hard for me to say what style it's in. To me, it sounds somewhat modern, but really would fit into the Romantic period. Is there such a thing as a "New Romantic" style?

Anyway, I would love to hear comments from anyone who has heard other pieces by him.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarycox
I have a CD with his piece, "Rainbow Body", on it. It's about 13 minutes long. I bought this CD a couple of years ago when it first came out, and really liked it. The CD got misplaced, but it just resurfaced recently and I've been listening to it again.

Sorry, I'm not a good reviewer of concert music, so it's hard for me to say what style it's in. To me, it sounds somewhat modern, but really would fit into the Romantic period. Is there such a thing as a "New Romantic" style?

Anyway, I would love to hear comments from anyone who has heard other pieces by him.

I have not heard a piece by Christopher Theofanidis but I will try and look for one.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
Is there such a thing as a "New Romantic" style?

Curiously, there is, but it has nothing to do with classical music. It is a fashion and, more importantly, music movement originated in the 80s in the UK. Here is an article on Wiki if you feel interested.