Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Sheet Music Suggestions
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Expert Registered User

Default scores?

Hi, Fabrizio...

I have been really loving this site - and have been using quite a few of the songs with my school orchestras. The wedding music has come in handy several times, as well, in both the quartet and trio versions.

I do have a small favor to ask...

Would it be possible to produce a score to go along with some of the smaller ensembles (trios and duets, particularly)? We have our region solo-ensemble festival coming up, and if the kids don't have a score for their adjudicator to follow, they can't get a rating - they still get to play, but they get a "comments only" rating sheet instead of the full ratings-and-comments version.

Thanks!

-kurt
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
CEO

Dear Kurt,
I am so glad to know you are enjoying Virtual Sheet Music.

Of course, we can prepare full scores for you, for what ensemble exactly would you need them? Please, let me know also your due date so I can give you a fair answer.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Expert Registered User

Thank you for the quick response - I know you're probably up to your eyeballs in the next set of songs to be released, so finding the time to answer is definitely appreciated.

Both of the duets have let me off the hook, so to speak, since they have decided to do one of the Telemann Canonic Sonatas...

One trio (2 violins and viola) is working on the "Traumerai" from the Wedding Collection. (I rewrote the third violin part in alto clef for the violist.) The other trio (violin-viola-cello) hasn't made up their mind yet between Handel's "Largo" or the Bach "Air", also both from the Wedding Collection.

Our festival is scheduled for March 29, so I definitely understand if you don't have the time to get a score put together. I could also enter the parts in Finale and produce a score, but thought it would look more professional if we had your cover page and all the other little details that you have.

Again - thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 AM
CEO

You are very welcome Kurt! Glad to help anytime.

So, about the Telemann's Canonic Sonatas, I guess you don't need a score since they are read from the same part in "canon".

About the other pieces, is my understanding that so fare the only sure piece of music is the Schumann's Traumerei. Is that correct? If you could let me know the other sure piece(s) to put together, I will do my best to make that available as soon as possible.

Thank you again!

Sincerely,
Old 03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Expert Registered User

You are correct about the Canon - since they read from the same part, it should be safe to have the judge read from the same sheet as well.

After this morning's rehearsal, the trio that couldn't make up their mind between the Largo and Air decided not to do either, and focus more on the chamber orchestra piece instead. (In all honesty, that was probably a wise choice on their part...the chamber orchestra piece is challenging them more than they expected.) So...Traumerei is the only one that we would need a score for.

Again - thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
CEO

Dear Kurt, you are very welcome!

I am going to send you the full score of the Traumerei in a few minutes...

All the best,
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Expert Registered User

Got it - thank you!

Have a great weekend...

-kurt
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 AM
CEO

You are very welcome Kurt, glad to know that

Enjoy your weekend too.

Best,
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Re:

Yes, very welome and see you later in the forum.
Good luck!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Junior Registered User

It is not only to compose music, but to create a working version of the story, in collaboration with the designers of the puppets, scenery and lighting, in collaboration with the manufacturers of the puppets and games, to participate in the direction and choreography and oversight throughout the rehearsal process.