Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Bach, J.S.
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Bach Violin Concerto No.1 In a minor: rated easy?!!!!!!

I just took a look at the Violin Concerto No.1 in a minor, it surprised me because it was rated EASy!!!!!!

I played the first movement of this concerto serveral years ago. As a Pre-college Student, I would say it is technically easy. But it is very hard to play it in tune and with correct tempo ( and with the proper fingerings ). This concerto is also the entrance to the harder concertos such as Mendelssohn and Mozart because most basic techniques are used in this piece.

I think it definitely shouldn't be rated easy level. It misguided my friend who is a intermediate player and he downloaded this music for auditions which he definitely failed because he was unable to play it in the correct way.( although he played it very fluently)

Its very beneficial to learn this piece with care and patient and practice it as an etude.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
CEO

Hello and thank you for your posting.

Well, actually it is rated EASY/MEDIUM and actually it is compared with other violin repertoire. For example, a Concerto at High skill level is the Brahms' Concerto or the Tchaikovsky's Concerto. Any piece is rated according with its instrument repertoire context. Any further idea is always very welcome!

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Bach concerto violino 1041

[QUOTE = Fabrizio - VSM] Olá e obrigado pela sua postagem.

Bem, na verdade, é avaliado EASY / MEDIUM e realmente ele é comparado com outro repertório de violino. Por exemplo, um Concerto no Alto nível de habilidade é o Concerto de Brahms, ou o Concerto de Tchaikovsky. Qualquer peça é avaliado de acordo com seu contexto repertório do instrumento. Qualquer idéia ainda é sempre muito bem-vindos!

Thank you again.

Atenciosamente, [/ quote]
Old 01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
CEO

I am sorry, could you please write in English?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Junior Registered User

Hello there,

very well said Ruizhi! I strongly agree that it very difficult specially when in tune
and with the correct tempo. I am not sure why they rated that easy on your part
but for me it is more than that. Anyway good music deserves good audience!