Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Support and Feedback > Support and Assistance
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Junior Registered User

Question Which octave am I supposed to play while reading sheet music?

Ok so this might seem like a stupid question but still. So I just read online instructions on reading sheet music. I understand that the spaces are FACE and the lines are EGBDF, what i want to know is that when the note is shown to be either in between the lines or on them, which octave do I presume the sheet is for? Like if the note is shown to be an E is it an E4 on the guitar or an E5? or if its on the bass cleft it is supposed to be an E0 or an E1 on a piano? Please help I'm really confused.