Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > Service Improvements Requests
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 08-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Transcription Software Formats

How about providing the transcriptions in a format such as Finale. Often I will want to hear a piece, or part of it to understand how it sounds, plus I can loop sections to practice them.

I assume you already use some such software so it shouldn't be too technically difficult, I hope.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
CEO

Hello Frank and thank you for your post.

Well, other users requested a such feature, but really we cannot do it due to our copyrights on our own editions. Unfortunately we cannot allow to edit and/or modify our editions. By providing them in Finale or any other editable format, anybody could modify our editions and make them their own.

Instead, I suggest you to use our offered MIDI files to listen to the music, play together with your computer, etc. MIDI files are offered for free for any of our items.

For example, if you are interested in the Vivaldi violin concerto in A minor, just look under the "Contents" section to find the corresponding MIDI files.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions or request, any your thought is always very welcome.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Old 09-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Junior Registered User

Default About Finale

I want to sugest Finale (or another more professional software) because the actual format looks with poor quality. Using Finale, you also can get .PDF files buet much better quality than actual. and you can make same security options in order to protect and not modify your pdf files.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:18 AM
CEO

Are you suggesting to publish our sheet music in Finale file format or are you suggesting to use Finale ourselves for our own editions? Please, let me know.

Thank you.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Junior Registered User

I sugest to use Finale. It would be good to publish in Finale format, but I understand it is not posible because files could be modified, but at least if you use Finale and post in pdf format, the quality should be better.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:35 PM
CEO

Yes, the fact we cannot publish them in Finale format is because they could be modified and republished, but about the quality we are not sure of what you say: personally we prefer Sibelius design quality whereas about the graphic resolution the PDF file keeps exactly the same resolution of a printed file within the original Sibelius program, since it is a Postscript description of the page and the resolution is infinite.

Let me know if you meant a different idea.

Sincerely,
Old 09-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Junior Registered User

I could send you a finale file like an example. Basically the diference is about layout, and things like slurs, etc.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:44 AM
CEO

Karlitten,
thank you for your proposal, but actually we know how Finale layout looks, and for that we decided to use Sibelius... was a professional choice, above all for the usability, quickness and the ease of Sibelius vs Finale... but, as always, choices are personal!

Thank you for your kindness again.

Sincerely,
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Transcription Software Fo

Not sure what you mean by made for Smartboard. If it works on a computer it WILL work on the Activboard. In fact they will often work better.

If they are SMARTnotebook files - then you can import those into the Promethean software.

Can you provide some examples?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Junior Registered User

It sounds like you're looking for speech recognition software, which takes the recorded voice and turns it into a document. Dragon is one of them but beware and proofread very carefully. Many words sound alike.
==============
search engine optimizers
cheap merchant account