Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > Choir
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

View Poll Results: Are you part of your school choir?
Yep 4 33.33%
Nope 3 25.00%
Dont go to school 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Junior Registered User

Default School Choir

Are you part of your School Choir - if you still go to school
Old 01-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

At my school, although you CAN do both, it's almost impossible to balance both choir and band, so it's almost as if we're not allowed to do both. If I could balance it with the rest of my schedule, I'd SO join chorus though. *Don't tell anyone in my band I said that*
Old 01-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Lee
At my school, although you CAN do both, it's almost impossible to balance both choir and band, so it's almost as if we're not allowed to do both. If I could balance it with the rest of my schedule, I'd SO join chorus though. *Don't tell anyone in my band I said that*

I'd forgotten about that, but yeah, that was true for me back even as far as middle school. You could choose band, choir, orchestra or art (but only one) as an elective back when I was in 6th grade. That sort of starts you down the path of only doing one, and not the others. I wish I could sing well, though.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
I'd forgotten about that, but yeah, that was true for me back even as far as middle school. You could choose band, choir, orchestra or art (but only one) as an elective back when I was in 6th grade. That sort of starts you down the path of only doing one, and not the others. I wish I could sing well, though.

Yeah, that's what they do to us, too. What's really bad, is that if you don't ever start band in 6th grade, there's no way of ever being in it again, cuz all the requirements of the number of years you've been in band increase. I think the same goes for the top chorus in our school, too. It's really not fair to people who may have not decided on what to do their first year of band, so once they decided on chorus, they never can choose the band path again...
Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Heck yes I'm in both... First of all my choir director would go insane if she lost another guy from the choir, and we're singing almost all new music this year, plus its an outlet to where I can write music either working on the collaborative musical at my school, the Alma Mater (which the words are done just the music I'm having trouble with, and she wants to throw some chords behind it and call it done, heck no...)... And then I'm in the Jazz Band, which is really taking off this year it was gettin there last year, but there were no full time trumpets in it... And then you have to consider that my school is an arts school so they make it easier for you to be in both, that and we have 8 classes...
Old 01-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Mentor Registered User

I was in college choir.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeViola
I was in college choir.

Cool
Old 01-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

I used to be in our church choir until the choir was practically the whole church! Hopefull though, we'll have enough people that we can have a choir again. I don't think I'll be in it cuz I'm the pianist and it's kinda hard to play piano and sing with the choir at the same time. Lol
Old 01-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
I used to be in our church choir until the choir was practically the whole church! Hopefull though, we'll have enough people that we can have a choir again. I don't think I'll be in it cuz I'm the pianist and it's kinda hard to play piano and sing with the choir at the same time. Lol

Wow sounds like a fun job do you get $$$?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen 500
Wow sounds like a fun job do you get $$$?
What sounds like a fun job? Being my church pianist?