Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee
Default What Band are YOU in?

My Band has 2 full bands other than the MB... Symphonic Band (top ensemble) and Concert Band (Others). I'm in symphonic... 1st chair!!

I'm curious to know about other schools and their bands...
Old 05-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Mentor Registered User

Hi,
I am not in a band yet but whats ur age? please? Piccolo its so small, I play the flute, violin, and viola, so yeah I know small matters.

TVL
Old 05-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Wow... hold old are you? Are you about to start band soon?

I'm 15... about to be a sophomore, so I've been playing flute for almost 4 years.

And of COURSE small matters!! lol... picc is so much fun!!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
I'm in symphonic... 1st chair!!

That's really cool! I made 2nd chair at an honor band clinic. Too bad it was in the lowest non-honor band, and everyone else was like two years younger than me at best.

Well, I'm in Mississippi State University's the Famous Maroon Band (famous is really part of the name ).

MSU (Mississippi State University) has three concert bands: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band. The Wind Ensemble is the highest band, but I'm not quite in that one. The Symphonic Band, I think, is where you get put if your in the marching band. I don't know what chair I'm in yet because they don't do auditions until October. Well the Concert Band is an extra low band/community band. I think music majors play secondary insrtuments in that band .

Carl
Old 06-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Mentor Registered User

Are you in the Marching Band? lol... I'm a complete marching band geek. It's great. Anyways... Good luck with your auditions in October!! (YES I know it's a little early to be wishing you luck.)
Old 06-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Expert Registered User

Oh, Yeah I'm in the marching band , and a belated thanks for an early wishing of luck .
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via AIM to cocotheclarinetist Send a message via MSN to cocotheclarinetist Send a message via Yahoo to cocotheclarinetist

well, I'm in the Clover high school band and marching band. I did play clarinet in band last year (regular band and marching) but this year I'm playing flute in (regular*symphonic*) band and clarinet in marching band. I love playing them both... I can't see myself ever not playing one of them...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocotheclarinetist
well, I'm in the Clover high school band and marching band. I did play clarinet in band last year (regular band and marching) but this year I'm playing flute in (regular*symphonic*) band and clarinet in marching band. I love playing them both... I can't see myself ever not playing one of them...

Hah! Good job. Flute's the greatest, ain't it?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

I'm in the Marysville Charter Academy for the Arts (Thus the MCAA in MCAACMPSR2007) Advanced Jazz and Advanced Concert Bands. A small school with no more the 30 members (Includes the kids in both bands counted twice) in the four combined bands. However about 100 kids in the entire music program, 40 - 50 in Choir, 10 in Keyboarding, 30 in the bands, 30 in guitar. And then those annual singers in our yearly musicals.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Mentor Registered User

Ya'll have musicals every year?! That is so awesome!!! I wish our school did that!!!!! *goes to beg principal to let us do annual musicals*