Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 08-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
lol. I wish we could do stuff like that at our school...that would be so fun. But thenagain, I'm one of those stubborn people who likes to take all the work and let a couple people help ellaborate or give suggestions, so it probably wouldn't work out very well.

I'm always trying to include the guitar guy in the major musical decisions, but he's like "dude whatever..." "seriously man I don't know" "Sure, it sounds good to me" "You are a musical genius" (I'm not even joking on that last one, he has actually said all of these things to me when I've asked him questions on how some songs should shake down, including the one on the magical music stand I can explain later)... Yeah I can handle a total of four people, two for script, and two for music its great, yeah right...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Lol, I've had people call me a musical prodigy. Sadly, it was all the people who were behind me at All-State in my eighth grade year. I told them how to count a rhythm in cut time and told them how to do 2 trills, and they thought I was amazing. Sadly enough, I was 4th chair. It was great though Good memories.

Lucky you get to write musicals with people...hmph. Stupid school district won't let us have anymore music classes and all we have is band, chorus, and theory if you put it short. I say a jazz band and music writing (like, major production--not just theory) and music history class should be included in all that.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Lol, I've had people call me a musical prodigy. Sadly, it was all the people who were behind me at All-State in my eighth grade year. I told them how to count a rhythm in cut time and told them how to do 2 trills, and they thought I was amazing. Sadly enough, I was 4th chair. It was great though Good memories.

Lucky you get to write musicals with people...hmph. Stupid school district won't let us have anymore music classes and all we have is band, chorus, and theory if you put it short. I say a jazz band and music writing (like, major production--not just theory) and music history class should be included in all that.

Yeah isn't it wierd how some people that should know some things really don't, like Francesca Lee (Your Musical)...

Its actually just a creative writing class, there were the four of us in there for the musical and then like 26 others in there for the rest of the creative writing stuff... This is why I think its great going to an arts school, I mean we have 3 different languages to take, working on five, plenty of writing classes, a communications class, five or six drama classes, 7-9 music classes (Two teachers), plenty of fine art classes, multimeida classes, yearbook, silversmithing, I love my school!!!!!!!!! So yeah even though there is all of that oppurtunity it can be very overwhelming, and writing musicals with other people isn't so fun, you actually have to think of other people whats that, I hate that (JK)...

I hope to be starting a band here soon, and actually might join the one out at the college, but of course I'm looking for a job as a clerk, office person (filing, Entering stuff on comps.) or CSR kind of stuff... thats what I feel most comfortable with right now... Thanks to my training at landshark, but if I got a job that was geared toward music it'd be that much better...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
Yeah isn't it wierd how some people that should know some things really don't, like Francesca Lee (Your Musical)...

Its actually just a creative writing class, there were the four of us in there for the musical and then like 26 others in there for the rest of the creative writing stuff... This is why I think its great going to an arts school, I mean we have 3 different languages to take, working on five, plenty of writing classes, a communications class, five or six drama classes, 7-9 music classes (Two teachers), plenty of fine art classes, multimeida classes, yearbook, silversmithing, I love my school!!!!!!!!! So yeah even though there is all of that oppurtunity it can be very overwhelming, and writing musicals with other people isn't so fun, you actually have to think of other people whats that, I hate that (JK)...

I hope to be starting a band here soon, and actually might join the one out at the college, but of course I'm looking for a job as a clerk, office person (filing, Entering stuff on comps.) or CSR kind of stuff... thats what I feel most comfortable with right now... Thanks to my training at landshark, but if I got a job that was geared toward music it'd be that much better...

I was about to call you INSANE for not wanting a music-based career. That's all I have my mind set on...actually, it's all I've EVER had my mind set on. *sighs* If only I could somehow get on Broadway...
Old 08-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
I was about to call you INSANE for not wanting a music-based career. That's all I have my mind set on...actually, it's all I've EVER had my mind set on. *sighs* If only I could somehow get on Broadway...

NO I want an eventual career in music, but for my first job I wouldn't mind having one of those other positions, I mean its not like I have to stay with that employer for the rest of my life, I know that I'm gonna leave Mville in a couple of years, heck yes, and so thinking about a career with my first job is a little off-balanced, if you ask me...
Old 08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Mentor Registered User

Wow you strike me as one of those stubborn people like me who want to start off in their career and some how end up famous right off the bat. (My family has always encouraged me to aim higher than I can reach)
Old 08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Wow you strike me as one of those stubborn people like me who want to start off in their career and some how end up famous right off the bat. (My family has always encouraged me to aim higher than I can reach)

No I doubt that'll happen to me, I want ot make sure that I have my feet underneath me before I get famous if I ever get famous, and if I get famous I want it to be because of my compositions, I am really serious about composing, but I know that these days it may not be the best thing to call your career, I figure if I teach music at a school, and am certified for a core subject than I will still have a job if they cut the music program, which CA does more often than they should... I want to make sure that my life ahead of me looks a little boring, that way I can spice it up with my insaness, but I always want to keep myself grounded, because floating away isn't much fun if you can't land...
Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Mentor Registered User

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm just not happy doing anything else...if I put myself in a job where I wasn't around music all the time, or at least had band, I'd go insane and wouldn't be able to live with myself. I couldn't do that, so I'm pretty much counting on my musical talent. all of my backup plans are in the music field, so if that fails me, I'm screwed, to say the least. But yeah...I've already explained that so I won't repeat myself.

Hey you're online...get on messenger!!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm just not happy doing anything else...if I put myself in a job where I wasn't around music all the time, or at least had band, I'd go insane and wouldn't be able to live with myself. I couldn't do that, so I'm pretty much counting on my musical talent. all of my backup plans are in the music field, so if that fails me, I'm screwed, to say the least. But yeah...I've already explained that so I won't repeat myself.

You realize that you can have music while working in htese positioins right, "clerk, office person" I mean as long as your employer lets you... Anywho back on topic, I heard that piccologurl had fun at Band Camp, and so thats good, (of course I'm sure she'll tell you guys all about it, just don't sit across the rook from someone you know at a movie, esp. if shes inbetween you guys)... I got 12 days (that reminds me of a joke) until I get to see all of MCAA's other band geeks, and music freaks, and of course Mrs. G. the coolest floutist that I know, (well possibly there's is a toss-up), dang that reminds me our Jazz Band never had their BBQ at her place, we had one, but she wasn't able to be there she was back east visiting family, and she said she wanted to have one after she got back too... oh well... Hey I want you guys to hjope for our band to get some quality musicians this coming school year, and I'm hoping the same for you guys, have fun in your bands and don't go to wild in the music (ugh we never got to play Holst's Suite No. 2 in F, or Voodoo, like my teacher said we were going to)...
Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Mentor Registered User

Ya'll were supposed to play Holst's Suite No. 2?! We sight read that!!! It has one of the coolest piccolo parts ever...especially the piccolo solo at the end of the last movement...it's so fun to play (if you add ornamentation, of course, to the trill) I love that piece...I think it's still in my band folder...I still have Lauds, too....that has THE best piccolo solo in the world...a lot of multiple tounging stuff...it's awesome.