Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > More About Classical Music...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 01-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee
Default One-Line Libretto

Now we'll try to write a libretto one line at a time. Try not to change the subject, as that'll take away from the story line, etc. If you're not sure what a libretto is, refer to page 87 or 88 of "Three Word Insanity!!" I'll start:
(By the way, let's make it a musical, so it'll be in two acts...once we hit some sort of climax, we can start the second act)

Act I:

Stage appears, a girl in a pink dress sits at a piano, preparing for a recital. *Opening Ballad: Piano Solo*

By the way: Does anyone want to help attempt to write some music to go along with it? I can make either SATB or Piano Scores for someone to orchestrate, if you can open stuff from Finale Notepad 2005. But I don't have enough staves for an orchestra, and I'm realy bad with vocal work. Any music that will be written, can be posted to this thread, and viewed/edited by anyone that wants to help out. Email me if you want to help! (My Email Address) thanks in advance!!

More instructions: Okay, for story line details and words to be sung, put them in italics, stage directions in bold, and spoken words normal, please. This will make it easier to understand. Thanks!!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Zealot Registered User

[QUOTE=Francesca Lee]Now we'll try to write a libretto one line at a time. Try not to change the subject, as that'll take away from the story line, etc. If you're not sure what a libretto is, refer to page 87 or 88 of "Three Word Insanity!!" I'll start:
(By the way, let's make it a musical, so it'll be in two acts...once we hit some sort of climax, we can start the second act)

Act I:

Stage appears, a girl in a pink dress sits at a piano, preparing for a recital. *Opening Ballad: Piano Solo*

While the piano solo continues, her father Frank walks into the room and stands behind her. After listening for a few seconds, he places his hand on her shoulders and speaks "You know that you don't have to play tonight, it's so soon after...."
Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
While the piano solo continues, her father Frank walks into the room and stands behind her. After listening for a few seconds, he places his hand on her shoulders and speaks "You know that you don't have to play tonight, it's so soon after...."

"It happened." A Pause "Don't force yourself, honey." FRANK walks out of the room. The girl--JENNY--gets up from the piano, carefully closing the lid and grabbing her music, and walks out of the room...
Old 01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Mentor Registered User

with tears in her eyes she runs to her piano teacher....
Old 01-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Mentor Registered User

"Ms. Williamson, please help me. ...she died this morning. I can't believe the cancer got her so soon." JENNY starts sobbing
Old 01-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Mentor Registered User

Oh JENNY that is so sad... Now come with me and we must clean you up before the concert...
Old 01-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Lee
"Ms. Williamson, please help me. ...she died this morning. I can't believe the cancer got her so soon." JENNY starts sobbing
Ms. Williamson stepped into the limo and the driver closed the door.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Mentor Registered User

Now JENNA Come with me to the restroom we must hurry the concert is soon the start.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Mentor Registered User

JENNY: "But--I don't think I can do this. Not without my mother here to play wth me." JENNY runs out the door and begins to walk home *Song: "One Day Without You is too Many"*
Old 01-16-2006, 03:08 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Lee
JENNY: "But--I don't think I can do this. Not without my mother here to play wth me." JENNY runs out the door and begins to walk home *Song: "One Day Without You is too Many"*

Now... Your mother died this moring right Jenny?