Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Expert Registered User

Lightbulb Long disitance duet

I just had an unusual idea for doing a duet, and I was wondering if anybody here would be interested. So here is the idea. After a duet is decided on, you would record yourself performing your duet part. You would then send me the recording as a wave file (.WAV), and I would record my part alongside your part in a sequencer. Presuming all goes well, I would save the end result as a wave file of both our parts being played together. Then we could listen to and enjoy our "duet."

If anyone is interested in trying do something like this let me know.

Carl
Old 06-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

That would be SO awesome!! I'd be willing to... you said you play flute right?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:28 AM
Expert Registered User

Smile

Cool! Yeah I play flute.

My collection of duets isn't all that large , but I am a Virtual Sheet Music member . So, I have access to any of the duets on this site. I also have CD Sheetmusic's CD of methods and ensembles. I own a few method books: Progressive, Boosey Woodwind, AMA Flute 2000, and Brooke. They all have some duets in them.

I hope we can find a cool duet .

Carl
Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Yay! Um... By any chance have you ever hear of a duet book called "Album of Flute Duets?" Haha... how original is that? But it has some great duets in it, depending on how advanced you are. I also have some stuff I've written personally that would be fun to listen to (and probably play if you like high notes ) But if there's any duets you already have your mind set on, I'm willing to look through them.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Expert Registered User

I've heard of the "Album of Flute Duets," but I don't own it . I would like to take a look at the stuff you've written. I can't gurantee that I'll be able to play it, but I'll give it a shot .

Carl
Old 06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Senior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to EADG + cetera

I'd be interested, if anyone wants a piano, recorder or harmonica... I also play violin but I'm only a beginner... So if anybody else is keen let me know!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Expert Registered User

I'm currently getting together with Piccologurl to do a duet, but I think I can manage to do a duet with you also if you want.

I play the flute, and I'm willing to play about anything (easy or hard but not to hard ). Have any ideas for a piece? I mostly have flute solos, most of which have piano accompaniment. Virtual Sheet Music also has a nice set of "easy" flute and violin duets. I played them some with my sister, and she is a bit of a beginner. One other route that might work is the free canonic sonata they have here. You could play it on recorder, and I could play it on flute, but it looks rather difficult. If you have some ideas, I would be very interested in hearing them.

I hope we can do something together.

Carl
Old 06-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
I've heard of the "Album of Flute Duets," but I don't own it . I would like to take a look at the stuff you've written. I can't gurantee that I'll be able to play it, but I'll give it a shot .

Carl

Do you have an MSN Messenger account? I could send a couple pieces I wrote to you through that. Well, if my computer lets me, I could email it too. What's your email address?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Expert Registered User

I don't currently have an MSN Messenger account, but I could get one. My email address is merlyn_of_ms@yahoo.com.

I can't wait to see the pieces .

Carl
Old 06-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Expert Registered User

I'm a cellist and would be more than glad to preform one of these. In fact, we could go beyond duet and preform trios or quintets.

"The Virtual Quintet"

Not the coolest name, but it's better than some I've preformed in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a quick search on the archives. There are two duets for cello and flute. There are also two trios for violin, flute, and cello. I am not certain of the range of a piccolo, but it is possible that it is capable of playing the violin parts (just an octave higher )

Last edited by RobertCELLO : 06-14-2005 at 06:40 AM.