Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 06-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

wow, okay I'm behind here. Let me catch up real quick. Has anyone found a piece yet? Cuz I could arrange the violin part to a flute part myself; I've had a bit of practice with it. Let's see... oh, lol, I go up to the D above the high C pretty comfortably. And high Bb is my best sounding high note on piccolo as of right now. Which one do ya'll want me to play? Flute would fit a LOT better than piccolo would, just because piccolo sounds an octave higher than written and gets uncomfortable in certain ranges. Oh, and I tend to be extremely LOUD on piccolo... I drowned out our entire band last year... Okay, so HOW would the whole passing around thing work out? I'M SO CONFUSED!!!! Okay. I'm caught up. But so you know: It would be a while before I could play my part, so sorry if I hold anything up... I'm helping our school host a drum corps right now and am there from 7:30 in the morning till 10:30 at night. There's literally no time to play. And I have to practice for HBOA auditions, so I can't work on very much for the next week. Let me know what we're playing and I'll respond as soon as I can!!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Expert Registered User

The optional third violin part is the viola part in treble clef (with a few changes). This may actually be the best idea, because the strings have the bass line and the winds have the melody. I'm glad you noticed that! Oh, and thanks for the ranges!

I suppose we should start looking at the pieces we like best. Maybe put the top 5 or 10 in order that you like and we'll compare later on. I won't make my list until tommorow (it's getting late in Austin, Texas!). Also, can I hear what your (Carl's) sister thinks? All I know is that she's interested.

Good night!

Last edited by RobertCELLO : 06-15-2005 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

There's nothing on this site I can download besides Silent Night By any chance does anyone want to *try* Vivaldi's The Four Seasons? I have a flute solo for that (It might and might not be the same). I could send it to one of ya'll and see if it's the same as the string version. (Only after learning it though ) It'd be a fun thing to attempt, at least.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Mentor Registered User

lol, I find Winter to be the funnest; it's got a lot of double tounging.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Mentor Registered User

I have Played them all!

Love them all too!

I love spring though!

TeenViolaLover

PS its my home phn ring!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Expert Registered User

Robert,

Sounds like a good idea for choosing a piece, and my sister is making an account so she can post on this message board. She should make a post pretty soon.

Piccologurl,

I can't find a version for strings of Vivaldi's four seasons on this site, but I do have an idea for the christmas carols. Each of the three collections has a sample page which has the 1st violin part for a song or two. We might be able to do those christmas songs, and anything else we can find.

TeenViolaLover,

Thanks, makes me feel better about my lack of vibrato . Are you a VSM member?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Expert Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCELLO
Also, can I hear what your (Carl's) sister thinks? All I know is that she's interested.

Yes, you may, for she is here! I'm Carl's sister, I just didn't post earlier because I didn't have an account earlier. I just signed up today, so a big "HIII!!" to everyone.

I think the christmas carols idea's cool, I did the duet version (well, the flute, violin, cello version without the cello, to be precise) with Carl last christmas and they were pretty fun and nice sounding. Though it was quite challenging then, I'm hoping I've improved over six months.

And I shall be on the look out for cool songs!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Mentor Registered User

Welcome, Sorsha!!!

What Insterment do you play again? Carl has told me/us but i forgot and I am to lazy to go look!

Carl, right now No, I don't have a account with VSM but I have had one in the past

RobertCello keep up the great work!

PiccoloGurl156 I find you so funny!

P.S. nice chatting this morning back and fourth, LoL!
And may I ask why we are doing xmas music when its almost July 4? Is it just music everyone knows?

TeenViolaLover
Old 06-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Expert Registered User

Lol, I play the violin. Not very well, but I can squark out some notes.

I think we're doing Christmas music because... we haven't found any other songs yet and they generally sound good.

I guess summer (hint, hint towards four seasons ) music would be cool, since it's summer. And patriotic music for 4th of July.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Mentor Registered User

Yes, Nice to meet you! Hope you have many happy musical dreams come true! How old are you please, if I may ask, If not, I will just think your a wonderful ageless person! I see what you mean about Christmas music! Hope You are having a wonderful day!

TVL