Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

It's great having an advanced band...you get to play extremely advanced stuff, instead of that grade 4 stuff you can sight read perfectly the first time you see it.

Have you heard of Concertino for Four Percussion and Wind Ensemble by Gillingham? It's an awesome song...and the picc part is insane. I stay above high D almost the entire time. It's awesome...except for the fact that I have to hold out my 2nd highest note for 2 measures. It's a pain in the butt, having to hold that note out that long. You should try to find some of that music though...it's an awesome piece. Suggest it to your BD. (Oh, my HS band is one of only 2 that our BD knows of to ever attempt it, we're the only ones to have actually played it for a contest and get perfect grades on it)
Old 08-01-2005, 01:27 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccologurl156
It's great having an advanced band...you get to play extremely advanced stuff, instead of that grade 4 stuff you can sight read perfectly the first time you see it.

Have you heard of Concertino for Four Percussion and Wind Ensemble by Gillingham? It's an awesome song...and the picc part is insane. I stay above high D almost the entire time. It's awesome...except for the fact that I have to hold out my 2nd highest note for 2 measures. It's a pain in the butt, having to hold that note out that long. You should try to find some of that music though...it's an awesome piece. Suggest it to your BD. (Oh, my HS band is one of only 2 that our BD knows of to ever attempt it, we're the only ones to have actually played it for a contest and get perfect grades on it)

Yeah some of the stuff we get I'm just to tired to look at so I half play it when we first get it... And no I've never heard of that song, and I hope that our percussion doesn't either, oh wait our percussion wouldn't care they don't even like music all that much, i hope our picc doesn't see what you wrote about it, he would buy it just so we could play it at school...
Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

lol. Can your picc player hold out notes that high?! It's hard even for ME to hold that stuff out!!!! (Though I'm getting a lot better) I'll have to scan the music onto my computer and post the hard page on here for all the picc players to attempt. It's a lot of fun.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007

Quote:
lol. Can your picc player hold out notes that high?! It's hard even for ME to hold that stuff out!!!! (Though I'm getting a lot better) I'll have to scan the music onto my computer and post the hard page on here for all the picc players to attempt. It's a lot of fun.

I don't know and I really don't care to find out if he can, you're so nice I'm sure the picc players will love you for that...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
I don't know and I really don't care to find out if he can, you're so nice I'm sure the picc players will love you for that...

Yeah. First I'd have to find it though. (I have this gigantic box full of music that I still have to sort through...unless it's still in my gigantic folder full of stuff...*gets scared* Ugh, that's a scary place to have to look through!!)
Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via AIM to flutemarcher
Default band

high i'm amanda i play flute and this is my second year of marching band
Old 08-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutemarcher
high i'm amanda i play flute and this is my second year of marching band

Yay!! A fellow marcher!!! So...what size band? What's your show this year? Are you a gigantic band nerd? Have you ever marched picc? Do you want to? lol...Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge band obsessionist (hmph...they won't upgrade me to a band fanatic)...I play piccolo in our marching band and am one of the best marchers our section (and maybe band) has. I know I'm one of the best overall sophomores our band has.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Yay!! A fellow marcher!!! So...what size band? What's your show this year? Are you a gigantic band nerd? Have you ever marched picc? Do you want to? lol...Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge band obsessionist (hmph...they won't upgrade me to a band fanatic)...I play piccolo in our marching band and am one of the best marchers our section (and maybe band) has. I know I'm one of the best overall sophomores our band has.

I thought you were a Junior... oh well whatever...
Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via AIM to flutemarcher-cavs
Default marching band

hi i'm amanda and i'm really flute marcher but i forgot my password so i registered again and we are single A we nave only like 35 people and we are doin a latin jazz show i march flute because we only need one picc cause if i went to picc there would omly be 1 flute and she's not very googd
Old 08-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via AIM to flutemarcher-cavs

what type show are you doin