Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Violin
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Zealot Registered User

Default Nice traditional tune

I just printed out "Josefin's Waltz" from Natalie MacMaster's site. It's a very simple waltz, but it is very pretty. It's funny, I thought I'd heard this tune before, it is actually on the Vasen album "Spirit" which came out in 1997. I bought this Vasen album a long time ago. Vasen is a Swedish fiddle group, but this song has now appeared on Natalie MacMaster (Canadian) and Alasidair Fraser (Scottish) fiddle CDs.

http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/tun...sefinswaltz.jpg

She actually has settings for a lot of tunes that she plays:

http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/rec.../sheetmusic.htm

Anyway, it's a nice pretty tune.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Pipari

That's helpful site....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Mentor Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinViolin
I just printed out "Josefin's Waltz" from Natalie MacMaster's site. It's a very simple waltz, but it is very pretty. It's funny, I thought I'd heard this tune before, it is actually on the Vasen album "Spirit" which came out in 1997. I bought this Vasen album a long time ago. Vasen is a Swedish fiddle group, but this song has now appeared on Natalie MacMaster (Canadian) and Alasidair Fraser (Scottish) fiddle CDs.

http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/tun...sefinswaltz.jpg

She actually has settings for a lot of tunes that she plays:

http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/rec.../sheetmusic.htm

Anyway, it's a nice pretty tune.

Thanks! AV!! I will look at it more later, very intresting!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Expert Registered User

Default Traditional Tunes

Hey Austin, if you did not pick it up in my prior post, check out www.bonnierideout.com, I only though Natalie had the finest articulation until I heard this American Girl. Classical Trained in Violin Performance at U. of Maryland, B.A. in Fine Arts, then went to live in Scotland for four years. What I have been doing is building playlist with the same song by Alasdair first and then Her Version. Her ornamatationi is to date the best I have ever heard, and I'm close to the age I can eat at Denny's for free. What night you going to Hahn's Concert, I am going to drive up from S.A. but waited to buy tickets until I asked you that, maybe on our private E-Mail we can find a place at intermission to meet. At my age, with my 60's hippie look (just a little grayer now, I'm not hard to pick out of a crowd. )
Old 04-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Zealot Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.RoseViolin
Hey Austin, if you did not pick it up in my prior post, check out www.bonnierideout.com, I only though Natalie had the finest articulation until I heard this American Girl. Classical Trained in Violin Performance at U. of Maryland, B.A. in Fine Arts, then went to live in Scotland for four years. What I have been doing is building playlist with the same song by Alasdair first and then Her Version. Her ornamatationi is to date the best I have ever heard, and I'm close to the age I can eat at Denny's for free. What night you going to Hahn's Concert, I am going to drive up from S.A. but waited to buy tickets until I asked you that, maybe on our private E-Mail we can find a place at intermission to meet. At my age, with my 60's hippie look (just a little grayer now, I'm not hard to pick out of a crowd. )

I picked up one of Bonnie Rideout's albums off of iTunes a couple of months ago, "Bonnie Rideout - A Scottish Fiddle Collection". I quite like it.

For the Hahn concert, I'm going Saturday night. I haven't been to Bass Concert Hall in probably 8-10 years, so I've forgotten the layout of the venue . You can PM me if you want to discuss offline.