Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Ensembles > other ensembles...
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 07-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Mentor Registered User

Location: Location?? What do you mean??? Uh oh...I'M LOST AGAIN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee
Unhappy Auditions...

I just had auditions for HBOA (Honor Band of America). I've worked on the piece for months, but i'm not sure it was my best. Actually, I know it wasn't my best. And I'm going up against people from all grades, all over America. And I just finished my freshman year of HS. Do I stand a chance? Or should I just go ahead and expect the worst?
Old 07-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Zealot Registered User

Send a message via AIM to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via MSN to MCAACMPSR2007 Send a message via Yahoo to MCAACMPSR2007
Default Don't Worry

Alright so you may not have done too well in your audition recently, but you said you had just finished your Freshman year of HS. So come on you've got at least 2 years left (I don't know if they accept recently graduated Srs). So just make sure that you keep plugging away. Don't make yourself sick over one supposedly bad audition, whenever I think I perform horribly there are always people who think otherwise so, normally I don't worry about those things. I hope that your HS is one that cultivates the arts, so that your talents may grow, as you get older.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Mentor Registered User

Send a message via AIM to Francesca Lee Send a message via MSN to Francesca Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Francesca Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAACMPSR2007
Alright so you may not have done too well in your audition recently, but you said you had just finished your Freshman year of HS. So come on you've got at least 2 years left (I don't know if they accept recently graduated Srs). So just make sure that you keep plugging away. Don't make yourself sick over one supposedly bad audition, whenever I think I perform horribly there are always people who think otherwise so, normally I don't worry about those things. I hope that your HS is one that cultivates the arts, so that your talents may grow, as you get older.

Yeah, hopefully I did well. *I'm a perfectionist* But my school has an incredible band program and incredible teachers, so it should be all good.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Mentor Registered User

Default Auditions

I know exactly how you feel. I'll tell you about my audition. I was 16, playing trumpet for only half a year and decided to audition for a university orchestra I got to the concert hall 2 hours early to warm up. Those were the 2 longest hours in my life and then things got worse..... THE CONDUCTER AND PRINCIPLE TRUMPET CAME TO AUDITION ME. They took me into a diffrent room and told me to get ready. One of my legs could not stop shaking and I had sweat pouring down both arms. There is no description on how I played, I don't remember what exactly happened during those five minutes but I must have done pretty well because I sorta impressed the conducter and lived happily ever after The main thing to do is just to keep cool

Good Luck,

BMW Z4
Old 07-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Mentor Registered User

lol, that reminds me of when I auditioned for Charlotte Youth Wind Ensemble. (And All-State auditions, but those are yearly, so it's no big deal). But yeah, the lady who auditioned me came out and told my parents that I'm an extremely talented player. *sighs* good memories.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Mentor Registered User

Default Memories

Yeah, Too Bad they're only memories

Last edited by YKB : 11-06-2005 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Mentor Registered User

I MADE HBOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?! I can't believe I made the Honor Band of America!!! Yay!! Hey Sylvia, did you make what you auditioned for? Or have you recieved results yet?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:32 AM
Mentor Registered User

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Expert Registered User

Big letters! and congrats to u piccologirl or watever u name is... yeh

Last edited by Arilese : 11-06-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Senior Registered User

Oh my, Congratulations piccologurl.Im so happy for you! But for me I'm still quavering, cuz I'll know in 3 days!!!
Only 3 days!
Congrats again,