Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Bach, J.S.
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 12-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Classical Music Contest

All:

I am a filmmaker from Ontario, Canada, who specializes in using music from the Commodore 64 to score several of my projects.

One I've recently obtained permission to use is the arrangement of a public domain piece, but neither the original arranger or myself are able to identify the melody, in question (as he'd transcribed it in 1984).

He says it's a popular classical piece, and that I should try to contact classical music forums to obtain my answer (another colleague says it's one of Bach's Minuets, but doesn't recall which one, hence my writing here).

I thought I'd make it fun and turn it into a contest, of sorts.

I've extracted the song from the game, and posted it online for public consumption. The link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1iu6Tnu8OA

The first person to e-mail the address in the video and provide the song title and composer gets a 'Special Thanks' credit in the video I end up featuring it in.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

I thank you,
Gabriel Noel
itstheit productions
gn
Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Junior Registered User

I hope your project will success. I will search above link and I am sure I get it. I am looking to you to nominate who you think are the best composers of Classical Music. I am looking for between 8 and 16 nominations.Thanks for response.