Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Composers > Beethoven, L. van
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 12-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro-Mentor Registered User

I completely agree!! I can't hardly get past the first page, I can stand that much of it!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Senior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew
Fur Elise is one of the most annoyingly overplayed pieces in the whole world, I've got nothing against the piece or anyone that plays it, but it is played far too often and very rarely is the whole piece played.

Yup, usually the first 20 bars are played over and over. You hear beginners play it for eternities, you hear it in music boxes...etc. Then I don't know why, but fur Elise is the the most remixed piece existing (probably) ! If you hear the original recording (ALL of it, not the first 30 seconds), then you enjoy it. It is absolutely overplayed (like the moonlight sonata, and the turkish rond˛, but Fur Elise, more than anything), I absolutely agree with you.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 PM

I can play up to the 22nd bar then I start going insane. Lol.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia
It is absolutely overplayed (like the moonlight sonata, and the turkish rond˛, but Fur Elise, more than anything)

Those other 2 are not overplayed much because they are significantly harder, like the middle sections of Fur Elise, but what REALLY annoys me is people playing the moonlight badly, just playing the notes, without acually thinking about how the piece as a whole needs to sound, which you HAVE to do with most beethoven, especially one like the moonlight.

Also the other movenents of the sonata should be played more often, the final movement is amazing.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Senior Registered User

Yep, moonlight sonata is harder, but is anyways played a lot, and most of the times in a bad way.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Mentor Registered User

I know what you guys mean!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Junior Registered User

hey all!! this is my 1st post

right i have to say that yes, Fur Elise is a bit out played but i really like it as its one of the first pieces i learnt to play (as with most people). Although the first change (bar 23 or 24, i think) doesnt get played much as many people think it doesnt really go with the piece...

the second change is played almost as much as the rest of the piece, it has been made more popular by other pop artists playing it, e.g. Alicia Keys.

i think one of the reasons why people dont play the first change is because they cant! its the hardest part of it... So to the person who started the thread, i wouldnt worry too much about not be able to play past the 22nd or so bar, as many people leave it out! but if you do, make sure you dont just leave that part out and continue with the piece, as you dont want to play the A section like about 4 times in a row, people would get bored of it when your playing!! Enjoy
Old 12-31-2005, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski
hey all!! this is my 1st post

right i have to say that yes, Fur Elise is a bit out played but i really like it as its one of the first pieces i learnt to play (as with most people). Although the first change (bar 23 or 24, i think) doesnt get played much as many people think it doesnt really go with the piece...

the second change is played almost as much as the rest of the piece, it has been made more popular by other pop artists playing it, e.g. Alicia Keys.

i think one of the reasons why people dont play the first change is because they cant! its the hardest part of it... So to the person who started the thread, i wouldnt worry too much about not be able to play past the 22nd or so bar, as many people leave it out! but if you do, make sure you dont just leave that part out and continue with the piece, as you dont want to play the A section like about 4 times in a row, people would get bored of it when your playing!! Enjoy

Welcome to the VSM forums, mikeski! Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Junior Registered User

thanks and no problem
Old 12-31-2005, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski
thanks and no problem
So what instrument(s) do you play? I play piano and am learning flute.