Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Classical Music Discussions > Instruments > Tuba
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 05-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Junior Registered User

Send a message via MSN to Bassoon-O-Rama

I play Susaphone in marching band and I think it's about 10,000 in american money.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Junior Registered User

Default Re:Price of Tuba?

Hi

Not sure about an orchesteral Tuba. tuba.com sell theirs for around 3000euro, is that good?? It feels too cheap to me ;-)

I play an old single Eb Bass ( Boosey now called Besson now they've moved down south ! ).

It cost me around £500.00, lovely tone and nice for just playing along with a piano, probably made in the 1950s, but Boosey always made great quality instruments.

For a professional quality Eb Bass, I'd expect to pay in the region of £5000-£8000 pounds. If I was buying again, I think I'd maybe go for a Yamaha, they still make a pretty good Eb.

Historically, I played Double Bb Bass ( an instrument which you really only find in traditional brass bands), then Double Eb Bass with Burnage Brass Band in Manchester UK, now sadly gone.

There as less and less Brass bands in the North of England which is a great shame! As the sound is uniquely North of England in many ways. Though the ones left are superb.

Anyway, glad to see there are some of us still around, Tuba or otherwise, its got to be the coolest instrument to play .

By the way, we need The Ploughboy in tuba section, its a really great piece for both the Eb Bass and Eb Tuba!!!! Easy to play, and to great effect.

Ta!
Greg
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Junior Registered User

Default tuba

The cheapest for a new one is about $1800. The highest is $30,000-ish. You get what you pay for, of course, but the high range instruments are intended for professionals.