Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Support and Feedback > Feedback and Comments
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Learn music and earn

Hi, to all out there
A drummer by profession, I am seeking some guidance in further developing my career. I have established myself well enough as a drummer and earn enough to fend for myself and pay my bills. What I need is some kind of publicity on the internet, wherein I can promote myself and get hired by other musician as well. How do I get to the next level? How do I go about this?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:23 PM
CEO

Hello and thank you for your posting.

I suggest to post your inquiry on Musicians Page, another site of our where you will find your answers for sure:

http://www.musicianspage.com/forums/

Thank you again and good luck!

All the best,
Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Junior Registered User

www.stevenixonmusic.net/careermentoring.cfm is the answer to your question. Steve Nixon is a well known music mentor and a famous musician in his own right. He has tips and advices of all sorts to help out aspiring pro musicians on this website. I recommend you drop Steve a line. I studied with him for 2 years and it really helped me!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Expert Registered User

Wow, something just clicked into my head when you posted this question. I read about this freelance artists and musicians gathering together so that they can promote whatever they have and support each other. Once, I find the link, I will definitely send it to you. Meanwhile, I think you are promoting yourself already. Just keep on playing. Your music will direct you.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Re:

They earn a lot online cause their albums are the biggest factor for them cause many people are getting the music online and if they likes it they dont think for the money.Any body is they have their pocket to pay for than they will not think much.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Learn music and

I have to thank Phil as well. He fixed an issue I was having with using gift certificates on his site. The others werent sure what to do with it and Phil stepped in and made it work.

Thanks again, Phil
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Junior Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler
Hi, to all out there
A drummer by profession, I am seeking some guidance in further developing my career. I have established myself well enough as a drummer and earn enough to fend for myself and pay my bills. What I need is some kind of publicity on the internet, wherein I can promote myself and get hired by other musician as well. How do I get to the next level? How do I go about this?

Well, it might take you some times before you can finally get hired by other musicians. As you know that nothing successful comes easy.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Junior Registered User

Wow I was looking for such great resources. I am glad that I found it on the right place. I think that joining this forum was my biggest plus point. I never would have to go anywhere just to check out other things. I really appreciate all the inputs...
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Hi

You can have some video of your talent and post it in youtube. By there, lots of people will see how talented you are and that can promote you.