Go Back   Virtual Sheet Music Forums > Suggestions > New Features Requests
User Name or E-Mail Address
Password

Old 10-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Junior Registered User

Default Paging turning

Some many of your scores do not fascilitate very easy page turning, like the String Quartet version of the Barber of Seville. Can you improve that?

Also an old request, please make the score more compact. Save paper by reducing the note size, staff size and thus reduce pages. Look at conventional IMC or Peters Edition scores, how compact and effective they are! This is one thing you must do to become an IMC-online.

People getting to your page has become more and more professional. And they use the scores for real gigs/performance. We don't afford so many page turns!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM
CEO

Dear Lee,
thank you for your posting here.

Well, the Rossini's Barbiere parts are pretty well formatted and page turns cannot be much improved. We work hard to find the best compromise between page turns, readability and lesser number of pages.
All our editions are edited by professional musicians and supervised by myself. I am a professional composer and violinist, and I can assure we take great care of page turns. Our editions have nothing to envy to Peters or other "traditional' editions that are often very bad edited and with much worse page turns than ours. Add to that the fact that with our editions you can easily arrange the pagination as you wish on the music stand, and the page turns issue can easily disappear.

Thank you again for your feedback though.

Sincerely,
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Junior Registered User

Please advise whether the first page of Viola part of Mozart's Divertimento No. 2, K137, is a right page or left page. I suggest you adding "V.S." to where you advise users to do the page turn.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
CEO

Lee,
we design our editions to have allow a "free" pagination, that means that you are free to arrange them as you wish. With the fact you print your pages with your own printer, you have that ability and it is very important! You can place 3 pages on your music stand if it is more convenient, we try to allow page turns for every page of our editions (by trying also to keep the best readability with less pages as possible).

So, how to paginate the Mozat's Divertimento is up to you: you only can know how to arrange the pages to have the best page turns, I think we put them in a way that allow good page turns (they can be arranged: 1 and 2 pages, or 3 and 2 pages, etc.).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Junior Registered User

There is a big article about this, linked in the common issues thread at the top of this board. It is that the OS still sends these requests towards the drive but the drive is asleep and so Windows thinks the drive is not responding at all.